PDA

View Full Version : reg 3 mulie behaviour

Rob
11-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Havent been out in about 5 weeks and Ive got one more shot for a buck tom. Going to spend the day hiking solo. Just wondering if anyone hunting the Logan lake/Kamloops/Merritt area has any info on the bucks activities. Moving down at all? still rut activity? I'm going to where I saw a real beaut at the end of Sept, hoping he's still around! Cheers Rob.

trailhunter
11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
i just got back fom logfan lake/savana area. We hiked for 5 days straight with little to know buck activity. Saw 50-60 does a day with the odd 2-3 point. We hiked a easy 8-10kms a day and found 6 small rubs and no big deer tracks in the snow. We left logan lake after 1 day seeing how the two spots i like to hunt were getting pounded by a group of 6 guys relentlessly. Id say this weekend coming up will produce some bucks from the hills..............just to many does for the picking .

good luckk

showtimebc
11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
lots of hunters, lots of deer, many bucks, but not many bucks over 4 years old. I've been hunting hard and haven't found the big boys yet.

ufishifish2
11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Saw 3 bucks on Friday near Kamloops, one pretty nice 4 point chasing around a bunch of does. Thought things were really getting going. Bucks were hiding today though. Tonnes of movement from the does all day. Didn't see anyone else out there. That was really nice!!!

Rob
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the input. I dont usually run into other hunters in this area,so maybe with a bit of luck I'll connect on something. Cheers rob

3kills
11-17-2009, 09:53 PM
took my cousin out tonight for a quick drive tryin to find him his doe and maybe a four point for me..he seen one buck where iwas excpecting to see one and was still flyin up the road we backed up after he told me about 500 yards down the road just in time to see the doe runnin away couldnt track it as there was no snow...seen some bigger bucks tracks up higher where there was just about a foot of snow..

trigger78
11-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Just got home sunday seen 20-40 deer a day around logan lake tonnes of does lots of small bucks , but it didnt seem to be going on yet. i seen no real rubs or big tracks walked about ten kms a day and even sat in my one spot for seven hours in minus 20and seen 1 small 3 point, maybe next weekend.

Kevin So
11-18-2009, 12:35 AM
just got back sunday night from 3-18. was between 4500 - 5100 ft elevation. not much movment in the open but many does and fawns roming in the bush. Only saw one buck in the bush, big boy but we walked up while he was bedded down, spooked him and lost his tracks after tacking him for a while. Saw some good size cat tracks too....Goodluck

gutpile
11-18-2009, 03:08 AM
with all the does around you would think the big boys would be on there tails by now specially in med nov.

Bushy
11-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Mixed buck activity, up high their chasing does, lower their not, on a cold morning(-17) activity is good in lower elevations, warms up the next day and dies right down.
Frustrating, at least their on the move.

gary murray
11-18-2009, 09:34 AM
I was in 3-12 behind Peachland last week trying to connect with a muley. I was up around the connector and headed over to Elkhart Lodge. Didn't see a thing except for tons of fresh moose tracks everywhere. Fair bit of snow and -18. Cold enough that people were ice fishing by Headwaters Lake. Would of went lower but would of ended up back in region 8 after a short drive where muleys are closed. Don't remember seeing any deer tracks at all.