PDA

View Full Version : roads closed

frenchbar
11-17-2009, 07:12 AM
After a hair raising night on the local roads its good to be home still alive:mrgreen:any body traveling in this area the road is closed on 99 between pemberton and lilllooet due to avalanche..and hwy 12 between lillooet and lytton due to a rock slide .

TIKA 300
11-17-2009, 07:41 AM
That's harsh.
Where was the av ???
Hwy between Lilioet and Lytton doesn't surprise me,my grill on my Tacoma was busted by a rock off that road in feb many years ago.:cry:

frenchbar
11-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Avalanche is at duffy lk .snowed about 15 in in a couple hours up top out there.YA the big slide has almost taken my life a few times over the yrs ...im getting used of it ..dosnt bother me too much anymore:mrgreen:

BimmerBob
11-17-2009, 08:52 AM
LOL, the Big Slide is like a superhighway compared to what it was like in 1957 when I moved there. It was always the spot as kids we loved to hang our heads out the window as there were a few spots you could look straight down to the river. I can remember many times when we had to clear rocks off the road in order to get the car through there but never got hit by a rock from the top even though they were still falling.

No seat belts or airbags, bike helmuts or safety glasses and free access to BB guns from 6 yrs onwards, first .22 at 10 yrs old and allowed to use it too, it was a wonder we survived.

Deadshot
11-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the update.
Where's the snow level at around Lillooet?

frenchbar
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Starts at roughly 1500 ft level..

BlacktailStalker
11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Good you made it home without being hipchecked by a 10 ton rock or frosty!

Crazy this time of year can be. Courtenay is flooded and majority of businesses are closed. There is an 18' car tent in my back yard on my hound kennel :shock: I dont recall seeing anybody owning a 18' tent in view lol
Maybe it'll end up being my new awning frame for in front of the wall tent if nobody claims it as the tarp is torn to shreds :biggrin: