PDA

View Full Version : Wolf?

flyhigh_206
11-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey everyone i was out hunting the other day in region 8 and as i was walking into a hidden cut block I saw what I thought was a deer so i put up the bino's and it was a dog. Now I know it wasn't a domestic because the closest house was about 60km away and there wasnt anyone around has anyone else seen any beige wolves in the Okanagan? P.S. This thing was huge probably 120+ lbs

GoatGuy
11-16-2009, 01:28 AM
been around for a long time, seems to be more every year.

send a report of your sighting into:

Brian.S.Harris@gov.bc.ca

hunter1947
11-16-2009, 06:00 AM
It might have been a wolf you saw ????.

marbles67
11-16-2009, 07:44 AM
I have hunted region 8 my bother in law has lived there his whole life and there are wild dogs in there not to say that it wasnt a wolf ,but the wild dog part I know for sure,wouldnt be surpised as there wasnt moose there yeas ago and they have moved in wolf packs may follow

Geronimo
11-16-2009, 09:32 AM
we hunt in reg 8 a lot, or maybe you could call it walk in the bush there, and have had Coyotes bark at us seen track and actually seen them across a field and/or cutblock--coulod this have been what

Bowtime
11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
If it was 120 punds. it was most deffinatly a wolf. next time pull the trigger.

Pete
11-16-2009, 11:53 AM
No Open season on wolf in the Okanagan!!!!!

coach
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I saw a wolf two weeks ago in Region 8. It ran off very quickly (like wolves usually do) but I confirmed it was a wolf by looking at the tracks in the snow. The next day I found 3 sets of wolf tracks in the same area. I have also heard several reports of people seeing a wolf near Predator Ridge this fall.

Pete
11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
We have actually seen 2 wolves on or near Predator last winter. As well a wolf went through Crystal waters in late Jan which may have been one of the ones off of predator.

flyhigh_206
11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was a wolf the tracks were about 3 inches wide. I had heard that there was wild dogs around, and pulling the trigger did cross my mind but I personally hate poachers and i strictly follow the rules and regulations while hunting. But again lol the though did cross my mind really to bad there wasnt a open season it would've been a real trophy

Phreddy
11-16-2009, 08:41 PM
There are an increasing number of wolves in the Princeton area. I had numerous reports of them in the Jura region from very reliable sources. I couldn't convince the CO for two years that they were there, but all of a sudden one day in the local "daily planet" I noticed a news story by himself advising folks to watch for and report wolves in the area as they were definately moving in. Of course I have never needled him about this sudden change of heart........well not much anyway. :-)

300H&H
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
No Open season on wolf in the Okanagan!!!!!

I think that will change as we get more wolves. I think I might even try hunting them if they open.

GumbyFromLumby
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
I have seen lots in region 8-23. I've seen 2 stuck together in the middle of the road one time. Funny watching them try to get unstuck when we scared them coming around the corner.