PDA

View Full Version : Elaho Valley Area

scoopy
11-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Drove in Sat and Sun and hiked until I was wetter than a fish, covered a lot of ground and did not even see a sign of deer in the fresh snow. These blacktails are harder to find then I thought! I will try again next weekend. Not a lot of hunters out there, scenery is beautiful.

One Shot
11-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Just got home from two days up the Elaho. One Blacktail now hanging in a friends garage in Squamish. Wet wasn't the word for it. Get out there more often and know where they are and you will be successful.

seanps
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Keep looking: they're definitely there. I was out for the day on Saturday and hiked for a few hours in different spots. Big scrapes and rubs on some trees, and tracks absolutely everywhere.

scoopy
11-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I must have been in the wrong spot. I was at 44 mile around the 1000 ft mark and I got REALLY wet! I did not even see one track left in the snow from Saturday, and I covered a lot of ground both days. I have been doing a lot of reading up on blacktail and their habits, I think that next weekend I will have a few new methods to try!

Matt

Albafly
11-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I didn't see a singe track either! But i guess i was only a few feet from you Scoopy, so that should be expected!

Can anyone suggest an approximate altitude about this time of year? Or are they covering a wide range?

Thanks