PDA

View Full Version : Urine

KB90
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Quick question.

I just bought some doe in heat urine. I have a relatively long walk into where I will be hunting and I figured I'd try the method of putting it on my boots. Hopefully a buck will pick up on it and follow.

My question is how much do I use and how do I do it. Do i put on my sole of the shoe or do I drag something behind boot with the scent on it.

Any info would be great

Thanks guys.

knighthunter
11-15-2009, 08:34 PM
When I used to do it, I tied a piece of cloth to one boot, letting it drag on the ground about 4-6 inches. freshen it about every 2-300 yds. Don't over do it, just a few drops. If you put it directly on the sole of your boot, when you get back it your vehicle, guess whats gonna smell really nice as your vehicle warms up. Carry a couple of xtra cloths, as you could lose it walking thru the scrub.

dougan
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
first taste it if it makes you do a lip curle then thats a good start

M@B
11-15-2009, 09:14 PM
first taste it if it makes you do a lip curle then thats a good start
I'll secound that

MuleyMadness
11-15-2009, 10:10 PM
What we do is buy a box of ladies 'sanitary napkins' (unscented of course)with the sticky strip on the back, put a few dashes of the urine on it, then stick it to the back of your jacket. That way you can take it off when you're done, it's ultra absorbent and holds the smell awesome. That is for the 'general scent dispersion.' Now for getting the scent on the ground we tie an O.B. brand tampon (no I'm not full of shit) to a string and then tie it to our side pocket zippers. Make the string just long enough so it will occasionally bounce on the ground. It holds the scent well for the same reasons the maxi pad works. Of course your friends will take the piss out of you for having a maxi pad stuck to your back, and tied a tampon to your pocket, but that will only last until they see the cranker it helped to lure in...then you will have started a trend! Total cost about 20 cents per person, and they're available EVERYWHERE.

hunter1947
11-16-2009, 07:05 AM
I have done both methods ,dragging it behind you with some cotton works good on a deer run way ,I also apply some urine on cotton swob's then tie them on tree limbs.

knighthunter
11-16-2009, 09:46 AM
MuleyMadness-So then you truly are on the rag.

eastkoot
11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Drink it. Then you don't have to pack it in your pocket and you can write your name in the snow and attract bucks at the same time..

snowhunter
11-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Having fallen for this merchandizing gimmick and bought few gallons of this stuff, I realized that I only used it once without any succes. Hated the smell.

Nothing works like years of hunting experience, added with some luck :)