PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 14 or still Fri.13th.?

heyblast
11-14-2009, 06:47 PM
I ask this because it seemed like it was the 13th. Started out with the gas cap falling off the outboard while heading in the marsh. Next the batteries on my head lamp die, they were almost new. Finally I'm set up and ready just in time, but were are the ducks, others are shooting but their not coming my way. Finally I start getting some ducks coming but my shooting is literally hit or miss. Either I fold the duck with one shot or empty the gun and nada. Next the duck call decides not to work or blow some bad duck language. But wait thats not it. Now I see some geese coming, their not high straight at me first chance this season, they go by just out range, 30 yds. off the water, 20 minutes later another flock this time the other side of the punt, that's right just out of range again I'm sure their wing tips were hitting the water they were so low. I eventually get my limit 1 Widgeon 7 Mallards and oh ya cut my tumb on something, at least I carry bandages it wouldn't stop bleeding. So I go home with 7 ducks, yes I said I got my limit, this is the best part, the first duck of the day one shot folded dead hit the water about 40 yds. away. I sat down put a shell in the gun and just started to push the punt out to retrieve the duck and a Bald Eagle glided in grabbed the duck and flew away to the trees and ate it. I hope he enjoyed it, I've got to start carrying a camera. That's finally it and man I love hunting, you never know what will happen next.

dougan
11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
how much do you wine about work? just kidding hope tommarows better for ya!!!!!!

longshot
11-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey,

Sounds like a normal day to me. lol. :lol: You should see our luck on some days!

Last week we had like hundreds of mallards flying by 5 minutes to legal time. Once shooting time hit, I could hear...WELL NOTHING!! Then both of us (dad and I) fell into those big holes that hide under the tall grass. We have bruises to prove it. Then the decoys decide to take a ride out to no-mans land :-?. Then a nice big dumb drake comes flying over me at 20 yards if not less, I aim, AND MY SAFTEY WAS STILL ON!! I must say nothing was on our side that day.
Today, well, it was a different story..:wink:

At least you still got a solid limit!! :)

longshot jr.