PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Recommendation?

Angus
11-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey all, I'm looking for some recommendations for an all purpose 12 gauge. All purpose meaning one that I could use for duck and grouse hunting, but also could use for around camp when I'm fishing on the Skeena (read:bear deterrent) or other remote areas.

What I have in mind is the 870 Express Combo I saw on the Reliable web site with both the deer barrel and longer waterfowl barrel. Is this what I'm looking for?

Also, choke type on the longer barrel?

Thanks

huntwriter
11-14-2009, 02:44 PM
870 Express Combo is a good deal. For the uses you mentioned any 12 gauge pump action shotgun will do just fine. In my opinion nothing beats the reliability of a pump as an all around hunting weapon.

7mag700
11-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I was doing the same shopping recently, looking for a good grouse/waterfowl/skeet/sporting clay/bear gun. Although the 870 is a venerable, awesome gun, I went with a Mossberg 535 pump for a few reasons:

1 - I looked at the 870 combo, but I had no need for a deer barrel.

2 - The 535 comes with 3 changeable chokes, with more available

3 - I like the safety location (tang mtd.) vs. the 870

4 - Price is lower than the 870 combo

5 - Dual extractors

6 - Like the fiber-optic front sight

7 - Some on the CGN site say the Mossy is more rust proof

YMMV

Good luck with your purchase!

7m7

SAVAGE300
11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I gotta Mossberg 500 12 gauge that I bought years ago off a freind for 25.00 and serves me right

Islandbowhunter
11-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Browning BPS has an amazing action. Smoothest pump action I've ever felt, and very cool design. You can get a 22" rifled barrel to throw on for bush use. I've got a 28" stalker and it works great for me.

heyblast
11-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Browning BPS as well. The only trouble I've had with mine is with Kent shells. Some times the empty hulls jam and won't eject. It's not afraid of dirt either, I can't believe the crap that's been in it at the end of the day and never failed me. As for choke mine has Mod. in it and it works perfectly for ducks.

11-14-2009, 08:10 PM
go 870 otherwise you will regret not spending that tiny bit more on a reliable gun that will never let you down or break.

don't let anyone tell you different. don't listen to them.

longshot
11-14-2009, 09:09 PM
870 or nothing....

Strongest, and most reliable, PERIOD!
We have 28" w/mod. chokes. Works for it all and kills it all.

Longshot jr.

303Brit
11-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Browning BPS field 28" would be my number one recommendation. next would either be a 835 or 535 mossberg.

But I prefer the Browning BPS over all and I shoot a Mossberg 500

Kitimat Killer
11-14-2009, 10:25 PM
i bought my 870 super mag back in 2000 then bought a slug barrel a few years later and luve it hunt bears with the open sight i just put after market sights on it for late evenings and works awesome for duck hunting
here is a pic of a bear i took with it
kk
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Picture0744.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5249&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=777)

dutchie
11-15-2009, 01:44 AM
I would look into the Maveric... it is cheep and it shoots just as well as the 870 or the mossberg 835/500

With that being said there is a reason that there are so many 870's made and so few for sale... They truly are almost indestructable.

IMO the only way you will get any more reliability then an 870 is getting a Xtrema 2 or SBE2 and properly break them in.

I have shot them all but I have never owned a single one of the above mentioned guns.

Dutchie

little moose
11-15-2009, 01:11 PM
i just got a weatherby pa08 12 ga pump best pump at the 400$ mark . walnut stock nice checkering gold trigger and shoots as nice as it looks. taken over 30 grouse this year new favorate gun

sparkes3
11-15-2009, 04:59 PM
835 ulti mag with rifled barrel and waterfowl barrel for me no regrets at all

Fixit
11-15-2009, 05:13 PM
i own both an 870 and a 500

my only complaint with the 870 is the finish is very prone to rusting.
the 500 is an aluminum reciever so you wont have that problem.
the action on the 500 is lighter/smoother

both are available as combos or stand alone set ups

it comes down to your preference of
-safety position
-slide release position
-and which ever one you like the most.

they both are reliable and will give you years of service

Tanya
11-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I will vote 870. I have used and abused mine for the last 11 years. Dropped it out of trees bear hunting, slathered in mud duck hunting, and on and on, and still performs just fine. Ya, the finish has worn off, so I use more oil on it - it has character. It is my "Precccccious"

Angus
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks to all for their input and opinions. Much to think about.

Looks like I'll be getting myself a nice little Christmas gift :mrgreen:

Cheers

FlyingHigh
11-17-2009, 02:55 PM
check out the Mossberg Maverick. i have one and love it. i've put about 5000 rounds through it, shot it in rain, sleet, snow, warm weather, cold weather and i've cleaned it 3 times. it functions flawlessly. i like the fit and feel of it better than an 870. it comes with 2 barrels, an 18" defender style barrel and a 28" target/bird barrel. i can have them swapped in about 30 seconds.

laredo318
11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
My vote goes to the Weatherby PA-08, as well. Great gun, good looking, and seems to be a very good deal, for the $$$$$.

Don_Abbate
11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Beretta Xtrema 2 Smooth Sleek And is a workhorse for all shotgunning from quail all the way up to big game i have one and love it

11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Another vote for the 835.
cheep, got mine new for 350$
reliable, had it for a few years no jams and its not broke
versitile, aftermarket barrels for you and it is 2.75-3.5 chambered
bring it to the salt chuck for a duck and you wont give a........darn

f350ps
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
I would look into the Maveric... it is cheep and it shoots just as well as the 870 or the mossberg 835/500

With that being said there is a reason that there are so many 870's made and so few for sale... They truly are almost indestructable.

IMO the only way you will get any more reliability then an 870 is getting a Xtrema 2 or SBE2 and properly break them in.

I have shot them all but I have never owned a single one of the above mentioned guns.

Dutchie
Holy Shiite, comparing an Xtrema or SBE to an 870 for reliability, come on???? What an insult to Remington! :confused: K

darrin6109
11-17-2009, 07:30 PM
huh? super black eagle 2 is a much better shot gun than any remington could ever want to be

dutchie
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Holy Shiite, comparing an Xtrema or SBE to an 870 for reliability, come on???? What an insult to Remington! :confused: K

I am not worried about insulting a gun maker.

on a budget i would get the Mavrick, if i had a bit more i would get the 870... and if i had alot more i would get the Xtrema 2 over anything.

I have shot 2 870s and i got a jam in one of them... I have shot 3 different SBE2 and and 2 different Xtrema 2 have never had issues... all shooting trap or skeet.

I own a SX2 and it will not cycle target round reliably while shooting skeet so maybe remmington deserves it?!:-D

All rhetoric aside, I think that the Mavrick($200) or the 870 ($450) is going to be your best bet unless you win the lottery then get a Xtrema 2:twisted:

Dutchie

CabinFever
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
1 more vote for the Maverick here. Get the 18.5 and the 28" barrels and you are pretty much covered for anything. You could spend more money if you wanted to but I'm not convinced that you have to.

rocketrob
11-17-2009, 09:06 PM
the older 870 are better than newer 870.i have new 870 and it jams with low brass shell.

Angus
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Well, according to the variety of opinions from the group, it seems like picking the right shotgun is very much like picking the right women. Each one has their own innate beauty, and makes us happy in different ways.

Of course, much like a woman, a shotgun is much more dangerous and fun when loaded:mrgreen:

4_Wheelin'_Wizard
11-17-2009, 11:31 PM
best bang for your buck is the 870 express combo hands down. I agree that they are a bit prone to rusting when your sitting in the rain waiting for the ducks to come in but with regular cleaning and some oil its a non-issue. plus if your only hunting ducks every now and then i wouldn't worry too much about it. I have an 870 express with 18" barrel for keeping the "undesirables" out of the campsite and killing old refrigerators. For the ducks I went out and bought an 870 super-mag with waterfowl camo this winter and have been using it so far this season and man oh man is it an awesome piece of kit. Ive also had the displeasure of firing 3 different mossberg shotguns. all of which were brand new or close to it and let me say I will never ever even consider buying any mossberg product. they felt cheap, the action was stiff (even after a good break-in period) and not much to look at. I was not impressed to say the least. anyways, 870 combo; buy it and you WILL NOT regret it

Farmer John
11-17-2009, 11:41 PM
I have the Rem 870 express in 3.5 inch super mag with waterfowl camo, bought it new 2 years ago and its trash. Really regret not spending the extra bucks to get a true wingmaster. Every time i fire it, the chamber opens up 3/4 of the way and usually drops the second shell out the bottom. Also, the finish where I hold it has worn right down to the white plastic. This gun has no idea how close it is to ending up in the bottom of a ditch.

4_Wheelin'_Wizard
11-18-2009, 12:07 AM
I have the Rem 870 express in 3.5 inch super mag with waterfowl camo, bought it new 2 years ago and its trash. Really regret not spending the extra bucks to get a true wingmaster. Every time i fire it, the chamber opens up 3/4 of the way and usually drops the second shell out the bottom. Also, the finish where I hold it has worn right down to the white plastic. This gun has no idea how close it is to ending up in the bottom of a ditch.

You have a pump gun where the action opens 3/4's of the way when you fire it? I've heard of autoloaders not cycling all the way but this is a new one to me. Can't say i've seen that from either of mine or my buddies'. As for switching to a Wingmaster; It's the same action so if you didnt like one 870 getting one with shiny metal and wood probably isn't going to solve your problem

The Hermit
11-18-2009, 12:17 AM
I got an 835 Ultra for the 3.5" shells on geese! Magic!!

Farmer John
11-18-2009, 09:16 AM
You have a pump gun where the action opens 3/4's of the way when you fire it? I've heard of autoloaders not cycling all the way but this is a new one to me. Can't say i've seen that from either of mine or my buddies'. As for switching to a Wingmaster; It's the same action so if you didnt like one 870 getting one with shiny metal and wood probably isn't going to solve your problem

Pretty sure the wingmasters are made from a stronger metal. I have a 30 year old wingmaster that works flawlessly and so does my dad. I have 2 express models and neither of them are reliable enough to hunt with. The only reason I don't hunt with my old wingmaster is because it will only take 2 3/4 shells and I prefer to shoot 3 inch. I have taken one of my express guns into the gunsmith and had the worn extractor claw replaced, but that didn't solve it.

huntinnewbie
11-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Back in the day when anyone could walk in to a store and buy a gun.......
I bought my husband a Wingmaster 870. Don't know if anyone remembers the old Hometown store by K-Mart in Whalley but that's where I walked in, plinked $129.00 dollars on the counter and walked out with a brand new 870. I think it was 1972-73!
That gun is still shootin ducks and clays. Gun looks a little worse for wear but most do after 35 years of use.
Certainly can't complain about getting our monies worth out of it.

f350ps
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
When I talk 870 I mean a Wingmaster, I always forget about the Express. I don't think Remington did them selves any favours when they came out with the Express and also called it an 870. They just aren't comparable to the Wingmaster in my opinion. K

4_Wheelin'_Wizard
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
i wish i had the money for a wingmaster but that being said the express is the same action and this guy was looking for an entry level shotgun that served a few different purposes. sounds like the combo to me

BC4Bowhunter
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a 870 express super magnum and I haven't a problem with it at all. I have shot cheap wally 2 3/4" to 3 1/2" Federal black clouds and worked flawlessly from day one. A few of the guys I hunt with have new mossbergs one a 535 and the other 500 and they have jammed many times where as my Remington is 6 years old and has brought down many ducks and geese as well as a ton of clay pigeons and never failed me once. Maybe I have been lucky but I would buy a 870 again.

longshot
11-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I will vote 870. I have used and abused mine for the last 11 years. Dropped it out of trees bear hunting, slathered in mud duck hunting, and on and on, and still performs just fine. Ya, the finish has worn off, so I use more oil on it - it has character. It is my "Precccccious"

Mine is 4 years old, and my dad doesn't call me "PIG PEN" for nothing. When I wanna hide... oh i'm hidden.. Right in the mud.

One time i was sneeking up on a bunch of mallards, fell in a pot hole up to my knees, droped the gun breech side in the wet salt mud (not the barrel). The ducks jumped up, was able to grab the gun, and shot. NO PROBLEMS. (I was younger at the time and would run on water to shoot a duck...:mrgreen:, wouldn't do it today)

You wouldn't believe what has gone into that 870's reciever while hunting (including rocks :-?:-?) and it's still never made a hiccup! I keep it extremly clean. After every weekend there isn't even a dot of residue and still looks "out of the box" new.... Not sure how as I was a little crazy when i had my junior status.

I am more carefull with it today as you could say i grew up a little since then. It actually comes home pretty clean now!

Want a reliable gun, get a 870. Want to see if any other is??? Give it to me for a weekend and i'll put it to the 'test'. :tongue:

Longshot jr.

field marshal
11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I can't believe some people own ugly BLACK scatterguns???:confused:
Not to mention CHEAP wood stocked ones!!
Get some class!!!:wink: Winchester Model 12, 12ga. circa. 1951
Winchester Model 12 20ga. Circa. 1952
I hate to think how many birds of all kinds, have been harvested by 3
generations of my family using these 2 dandy's.:wink:
Cheers, Field Marshal.

dutchie
11-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Come to think of it the gun that jammed was a new 870 Express, the one that did not jam was the old one... Remmington is like any other company that just wants to make more money

PUMPS AND SEMI's HAVE NO CLASS! they are a method of harvesting birds, and do it well..... but classy?... not a chance

Talk to a european that uses a shot gun. 90% of the Germans that I know would not be caught DEAD with a pump or a semi in thier hands the other 10% would shoot one but never own one. They nailed it on the head when they say that Americans make UGLY guns (try to find a pump or semi in a European gun store... you never will) They shoot O/U or SxS's and if you want to get down to the bare truth... they are right. pumps and semi's are ugly.

Dutchie

4_Wheelin'_Wizard
11-20-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't think field is talking about how great and expensive his guns are because you can buy a model 12 in 12 or 20 guage for the same price as a new 870! What I think he is trying to say is, they do not make them like they used too and I would agree with him. The 870 is an offordable gun and thats great, but in my opinion the kick with a pump is too much. If I were you I would wait and save my money and buy a autoloader first time around and you will not regret it!

Killer

P.S. Settle down Boys and Girls!

I never understood people talking about harsh recoil. Ive shot hundreds of shells in a day and it doesn't bother me in the least. maybe i have a tougher shoulder than most haha

TopGun
11-21-2009, 01:30 AM
I never understood people talking about harsh recoil. Ive shot hundreds of shells in a day and it doesn't bother me in the least. maybe i have a tougher shoulder than most haha

Probably the reason you are shooting hundreds of rounds at ducks is because you are flinching and missing! resulting from harsh recoil from that old stove pipe you shoot! (another good reason to shoot an auto, you will save ammo!) lol

TopGun
11-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Come to think of it the gun that jammed was a new 870 Express, the one that did not jam was the old one... Remmington is like any other company that just wants to make more money

PUMPS AND SEMI's HAVE NO CLASS! they are a method of harvesting birds, and do it well..... but classy?... not a chance

Talk to a european that uses a shot gun. 90% of the Germans that I know would not be caught DEAD with a pump or a semi in thier hands the other 10% would shoot one but never own one. They nailed it on the head when they say that Americans make UGLY guns (try to find a pump or semi in a European gun store... you never will) They shoot O/U or SxS's and if you want to get down to the bare truth... they are right. pumps and semi's are ugly.

Dutchie

What are you talking about!! are you that naive!! (have you ever been to ITALIAN sports or EUROPEAN arms, I think they have a few pumps and autos on hand) 90% of the Germans I now are to cheap to buy a new pump or autoloader

Tanya
11-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Well dutchie, each to their own eh. When I'm hunting bear with my shotgun, I'm quite happy to have the extra capacity my pump gun provides over a O/U or SxS. And, I don't think they are ugly.

dutchie
11-21-2009, 02:26 PM
What are you talking about!! are you that naive!! (have you ever been to ITALIAN sports or EUROPEAN arms, I think they have a few pumps and autos on hand) 90% of the Germans I now are to cheap to buy a new pump or autoloader

I am talking about hunting in Europe and buying a gun in Europe... nothing to do with Canada, I have never herd of European Arms, and I bought my pump from Italian, and my Autoloader was bought from a guy in Harrison.

It is from what I have experianced, seen and been told from european hunters, that hunt and live in Europe. If actual facts of seeing it and talking to what real people are saying is being Naive... That I am guilty of.

I could flip it around and ask you if you were naive... but hey, I don't know you so why would I make a judgment on your charicter traits?

Plus... how would you KNOW for fact that 4_Wheelin_Wizzard is missing his shots... silly comment and I think that someone is making assumptions... and you know what assumptions do...

Dutchie

dutchie
11-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Well dutchie, each to their own eh. When I'm hunting bear with my shotgun, I'm quite happy to have the extra capacity my pump gun provides over a O/U or SxS. And, I don't think they are ugly.

Yeah, my friends in Germany say that and laugh at me when they see me with my SX2.

For hunting in Canada, the o/u and sxs's are not feasabile because of the initial cost and the weather that we deal with..

I am not saying that pumps or autos are bad... rather I am saying the opposite and I agree you hunting bears and deer, ducks, geese the extra shot goes along way.

In Canada everyone uses a pump or Semi because they are so functional, and that is why they are not looked at as "ugly because it is the Norm. But like you said Tanya, it is my opinion and I am expressing the opinion of approx 85 hunters Europe that I personally know.

Just so you all know, I do own pumps and Semi's, so I am not singeling anyone out by saying they are ugly.

What got me going was Feild Marshall was yipping at a 15year old kid, that is very proud of his gun, and he told him that his gun was un-classy... there was only one thing that was unclassy in that statement. I was really suprised that this came from Feild Marshal because he works so hard to get kids into the sport.

Dutchie

TopGun
11-22-2009, 01:03 AM
[quote=dutchie;558282]I am talking about hunting in Europe and buying a gun in Europe... nothing to do with Canada, I have never herd of European Arms, and I bought my pump from Italian, and my Autoloader was bought from a guy in Harrison.

It is from what I have experianced, seen and been told from european hunters, that hunt and live in Europe. If actual facts of seeing it and talking to what real people are saying is being Naive... That I am guilty of.

I could flip it around and ask you if you were naive... but hey, I don't know you so why would I make a judgment on your charicter traits?

Plus... how would you KNOW for fact that 4_Wheelin_Wizzard is missing his shots... silly comment and I think that someone is making assumptions... and you know what assumptions do...

Dutchie[/quote

The comment to 4 wheelin wizzard was intended to be sarcastic and silly, but talking too a few European hunters makes you an authority on what shotguns Europeans prefer than I apologize but it sounds like a bunch of assumptions to me. Yah I still think you are naive!

Marc
11-22-2009, 10:02 AM
OK guys lets try and take this thread back on subject. The member was asking what would be an all purpose reliable shotgun at a reasonable price.

Benthos
11-22-2009, 11:26 AM
last year i bought a mossberg 500 combo, with the 28inch barrel, 3 choke tubes and the 18 inch defender barrel.

i also have an old 870 wingmaster

i really like the mossberg combo. i prefer the location of the safety, the barrels are easy to change and it seems like a good combo for the price. i was a little wary of the 870 express which i heard there were QA problems with lately.

ya, the mossberg is cheap (i think i got the combo for <$250-300), but the ducks i shot this fall are just as dead as the ducks shot by the guy in the blind next to me with a $2000 over/under:-D

BradW
11-22-2009, 12:08 PM
If you're really looking for an all around 12 gauge to hunt with but one which will also be used for self defense, my recommendation would be an older Remington 1100 with screw-in choke tubes. Remember, every piece of defense and emergency gear MUST be operable with just one hand. Try cycling your pumpgun with your strong side arm tied behind your back.

Phreddy
11-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Love my Mossy. Don't need anything else as it'll do it all with very few if any problems and, like Savage/Stevens rifles, don't break the bank so I can buy more toys.

mattchu_19
11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Dutchie you are clueless. From the time you started posting on this forum, you have acted like an expert on every subject from guns to dogs and its so far from the truth its not even funny. Would you just SHUT UP.

dutchie
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
OK guys lets try and take this thread back on subject. The member was asking what would be an all purpose reliable shotgun at a reasonable price.

Mattchu_19...I would read before posting

Dutchie you are clueless. From the time you started posting on this forum, you have acted like an expert on every subject from guns to dogs and its so far from the truth its not even funny. Would you just SHUT UP.

And nope:mrgreen:

Sticking to the Subject I took Mr. Deans Maverick out when we were out on grouse hunting and it killed every grouse I shot at. Couldn't have been me.. 100% the gun!

Dutchie

Angus
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Uh..... thanks to all for the great feedback on the various weapons of choice. Based on recommendations and a good PM, I've made my mind up. Thanks for bringing it back on track Marc.

Time to end this thread before someone gets on the naughty list and doesn't get the shotgun under the tree at Christmas.

Qwa-honn
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

Crazy_Farmer
11-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Really Johnny? Really? Hmmmmm...lets see 68 posts in 3 years or 594 in a year. Go look at a few, you'll be laughing for hours guaranteed

Now I cant say the same for myself, I'll admit I have posted sometimes for the hell of posting and had some fun pointless arguments along the way. :tongue:

mattchu_19
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I think even some of those 68 post are longer then 2 sentences.

mattchu_19
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
wow, I think I'm up to 71 now.

huntwriter
11-23-2009, 07:03 PM

Dutchie

You're right about the Europeans. Having grown up in Switzerland I know how important beauty is, right down to the perfectly engraved and gold plated monogram and the price tag starting at $7,000 and up to over $ 20,000.

When a Swiss relative came to visit me and saw my "ugly" Mossberg 835 with that "ghastly" camouflage and the equally "ugly" Benelli Super Nova with a balck "plastic" stock he almost disowned me. It took me quite a bit to explain to him that I just need a gun to kill game with and not to show it off to the family or make it an heirloom.

Qwa-honn
11-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Really Johnny? Really? Hmmmmm...lets see 68 posts in 3 years or 594 in a year. Go look at a few, you'll be laughing for hours guaranteed

Now I cant say the same for myself, I'll admit I have posted sometimes for the hell of posting and had some fun pointless arguments along the way. :tongue:

Yeah Really. Don't worry I always laugh when I read your guys post.
The really funny thing is that Dutchie answers just like you guys I am more surprised no one has said the same thing matt said to some of your posts.
:wink:
Happy Hunting.

duckkiller
11-26-2009, 01:55 AM
You're right about the Europeans. Having grown up in Switzerland I know how important beauty is, right down to the perfectly engraved and gold plated monogram and the price tag starting at $7,000 and up to over $ 20,000.

When a Swiss relative came to visit me and saw my "ugly" Mossberg 835 with that "ghastly" camouflage and the equally "ugly" Benelli Super Nova with a balck "plastic" stock he almost disowned me. It took me quite a bit to explain to him that I just need a gun to kill game with and not to show it off to the family or make it an heirloom.

Next time one of your European relatives comes out tell them to bring one their classsy guns and I will take them out on a hunt!! I just hope they don't mind the guns sitting in the bottom of the boat and my dog walking on them! also make sure they oil them well because the salt water is very hard on that over priced blueing! I bet these dick heads would be begging to borrow my plastic gun and if a family member slagged my gun, they would probably get pushed down the stairs!:twisted:

Killer

TopGun
11-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Next time one of your European relatives comes out tell them to bring one their classsy guns and I will take them out on a hunt!! I just hope they don't mind the guns sitting in the bottom of the boat and my dog walking on them! also make sure they oil them well because the salt water is very hard on that over priced blueing! I bet these dick heads would be begging to borrow my plastic gun and if a family member slagged my gun, they would probably get pushed down the stairs!:twisted:

Killer

Great post and good points! I wonder if a $7000 o/u would make a good paddle or push pole? One thing is for sure it would be a classy paddle.

Crazy_Farmer
11-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Great post and good points! I wonder if a $7000 o/u would make a good paddle or push pole? One thing is for sure it would be a classy paddle.

I would think it depends on just how classy your gun is. A stock cut from beautifully-figured, hand-selected AA-Grade walnut would better suit a paddle. Its highly polished so it would nicely cut through the water to propell you better.

But then you could have your ugly black one as the push pole.

Angel
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Lol seems there are a few people who get a little grumpy when it comes to peoples opinions about guns. Dutchie is in my good books anyways. Opinions are good remember it's what keeps this site going.