PDA

View Full Version : E-collars

Russmi
11-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Where can I get a good e-collar in the lower mainland? Any suggestions on type would be helpful to. I've been looking at the tri-tronics basic G3. I have a German Wirehair and have started to train him for duck hunting. Please don't suggest Canadapets as I have already tried and have been waiting for 2 months and have given up and cancelled my order. Thank for any suggestions. Good hunting to all

LOC
11-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I would look at : http://canadiangundogsupply.com/home.php

great to deal with!

Marc
11-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I would look at : http://canadiangundogsupply.com/home.php

great to deal with!

I second that, Dan is a great guy to deal with, and I received my collar within a week of ordering it.

digger dogger
11-14-2009, 02:56 PM
jeff in burnaby near sfu, his company is called "sit happens" i have a dogtra e-collar they work deadly about 500 but worth it. (604)-908-0256...

Barracuda
11-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I have a classic 70 G3 EXP three dog unit and funnily enough canada pets were the only ones that had them at the time so we got it from them .
Have you called them? We were kinda in the same boat so i think it is a bit of luck of the draw thing.

I have noticed that since Cesar Milan showed useing them that more people are buying them so perhaps supply and demand for canada is the issue?

kinderdoggin
11-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Another vote for canadiangundogsupply. Have always got my stuff very quickly from them.

~Erin

Marc
11-14-2009, 05:57 PM
I have a classic 70 G3 EXP three dog unit and funnily enough canada pets were the only ones that had them at the time so we got it from them .
Have you called them? We were kinda in the same boat so i think it is a bit of luck of the draw thing.

I have noticed that since Cesar Milan showed useing them that more people are buying them so perhaps supply and demand for canada is the issue?

I tried ordering a collar from them 2 years ago as they were showing online as being in stock, well I get an email the next day after I place my order and they tell me it's going to be 4 to 6 weeks, hell the whole reason I ordered it from Vancouver was because I figured I'd get it in a couple of days. It was like pulling teeth trying to cancel the order and I finally ordered one from Canadagundogsupply.com and had it within a week.

West Coast Waterfowler
11-14-2009, 07:03 PM
For a specific brand, I would recommend a Dogtra e-collar...we have tried various other brands purchased through reputable hunting sites/companies, but were never happy until we tried the Dogtra. It's a few bucks but worth it...three dogs trained on it.

Another place to try is Dog Sport Gear, located at #20-26157 Fraser Hwy in Aldergrove, (604)856-5700.

Their website defaults to the American company, but the guys in Aldergrove are great to deal with. And they sell Dogtra.

http://www.dogsportgear.com/index.htm

Barracuda
11-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I phoned several places that listed they had them in stock, SIR was posititive they had them in stock so i got someone to actually check and they did not . The same tune seemed to be sung by most that the computer hadnt been updated etc.

Sit happens needed to order and couldnt be specific as to eta and that was pretty much the same for all of them .

How long has Canadian gun dog been around ?

I kid you not Canada pet was the only place in canada that had the expandable classic 70 with three collers in stock it seemed.
Physically in stock that is.

I was almost gonna order from Lion country out of the states cause i was getting Pissed at all the excuses here.

Canada pets wasnt my first choice but i do admit that i got it in less then a week with no drama at all and when i asked them to Physically check before i placed the order they obliged.

As for brands I am familier with tritronic,dogtra ,sport dog and innoteck and for my hounds the tritronics suits me the best . The product is tried and true and a proven performer and my expandable allows me 6 dogs. I dont think you can go wrong with tritronics or dogtra .

Spend a bit more and get the equipment you want and need.

dutchie
11-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I have the Tri-Tronics Pro 500 and I got mine from Tri-tronics in Arizona.

tax in shipped exchange rate in there... to my door it was $345cdn.

If you know anyone that has tested in NAVHDA then they have a 50% off cupoun that has to be sent in. Worked seemless for me but the collar I have is $799 in canada.

I would look down in the USA if you want to save a bit MORE money.

www.lcsupply.com (http://www.lcsupply.com)
www.gundogsupply.com (http://www.gundogsupply.com)

Other wise canadiangundogsupply (http://www.canadiangundogsupply) is were i get alot of stuff from

Dutchie

West Coast Waterfowler
11-14-2009, 08:44 PM
We've used the Triptronics and the Dog Sport collars. Both were in the $250-400 range, and promised to be waterproof and have a range of approx 1.5 kms.

That said, at least both companies had good customer service and return policies.

We've had the Dogtra collars, each running in the area of $400.00 CAN, for 2-3 years. Have been used in the salt-water marsh, have been submerged, and have never had an issue.

You can get a great quality e-collar from a Canadian source for what you pay as a similar price from the States. Shop around. Talk to some of the companies people have listed. See what they say.

Mind you, hunting dogs are a far bigger industry in the States, so you may get an e-collar quicker by going that route.

Kasomor
11-15-2009, 01:58 AM
This is a perfect excuse to make a pilgrimage to Cabala's!! See what they have on line and go from there. I know they carry a number of different Tri-tronics and Dogtra collars in stock. I wouldn't even consider any other brands besides those.

Collar Clinic in the states sell both new and reconditioned collars at the same price as directly from TT. Shipping to Canada is cheap and fast. Week turn around. Dogs Afield are also competitively priced and have good customer service.

$500 for a Dogtra collar is rich. Mine cost $300 US.

If money is no issue then buy from a Canadian dealer keeping in mind that if you buy from the US dealer you will save $100 to $200.

But I'd go for the excuse to go to Cabelas!! :-D

Happy shopping!

Kasomor

Russmi
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I tried ordering a collar from them 2 years ago as they were showing online as being in stock, well I get an email the next day after I place my order and they tell me it's going to be 4 to 6 weeks, hell the whole reason I ordered it from Vancouver was because I figured I'd get it in a couple of days. It was like pulling teeth trying to cancel the order and I finally ordered one from Canadagundogsupply.com and had it within a week.

That is want also happened to me and they never even said sorry or anything to try and make it right. Thanks for all the input and I'll try Canadagundogsupply.

Tiptoe
11-15-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't own one but have been shopping.
This place: http://www.collarclinic.com/ is recommended on a lot of forums and has good deals on refurbished units as wells new. They are also a authorized service center for Tri-tronics, Dogtra and DT Systems e-collars.

Barracuda
11-16-2009, 12:09 AM
We've used the Triptronics and the Dog Sport collars. Both were in the $250-400 range, and promised to be waterproof and have a range of approx 1.5 kms.

That said, at least both companies had good customer service and return policies.

We've had the Dogtra collars, each running in the area of $400.00 CAN, for 2-3 years. Have been used in the salt-water marsh, have been submerged, and have never had an issue.

You can get a great quality e-collar from a Canadian source for what you pay as a similar price from the States. Shop around. Talk to some of the companies people have listed. See what they say.

Mind you, hunting dogs are a far bigger industry in the States, so you may get an e-collar quicker by going that route.

Seen dogtras , sport dogs, tritronics shit the bed and i even had a vintage tritronics that malfunctioned .

In general the Tritrononics are considered the most robust and reliable but the Dogtra is makeing better stuff now and if you like bells and whistles it might be what your looking for.

Personally I would hold out for the right tritronics . I can leave the units on for days and they are still going strong. the battery life range and power is fantastic and you can add up to six dogs on the one i have .

it all depends on what you want.

dakotawinters
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I bought the G3 - sport basic from Bass Pro, loved the quick fast service. Plus the canadian dollar has been so high it was really cheap when I got mine too.
Best couple hundred I spent love em... and they are super durable.

beardown
11-17-2009, 02:47 PM
I order my e collars from tri-tronics. they have a store in duncan. I just go on their web page and order it right to my door.

Barracuda
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Sit Happens (Po Co)and Canada pets (Duncan) are the two authorized BC dealers .

Danny
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
I got mine from Sit happens and Geoff is a great guy and a very knowlageable trainer.He can teach you how to PROPERLY use the unit so you don't screw up your dog.
Dan

Buck
11-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Got my Tritronics G3 upland special from cabelas excellant unit NP

11-25-2009, 10:33 AM
I ordered my Field 90 G-2 EXP and my Pro 500 G-2 directly from tri-tronics, they have been super to deal with and the after sales service has been second to none. The units themselves have preformed flawlessly.