PDA

View Full Version : beginers sheep hunt

valleyHunter
11-14-2009, 11:58 AM
I am looking to put together a first time sheep hunt with some buddys in 2011,am wanting to know what would be a decent area to hunt ,whether it be a bighorn or thin horn and also type of gear i should be looking at. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Geo.338
11-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Sheep is the most coveted animal in B.C. Places to hunt them even more so .I am not a sheep hunter but would like to try one day .

You need to do some homework .Decide what species you really want to go for and then try and find out where they range in the MU you would like to hunt .

Talk to game bios or anyone willing to share info .Oldtimers who do not hunt anymore are a good resource .

Read every post in here regarding sheep hunting .There is alot of good info on gear and such .

I read once on here that the year you start sheep hunting is the year that YOUR ram is born .So be prepared to put in the time .

Good Luck .Geo

Blainer
11-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Study the l.e.h. regs & put in your draws for bighorn in reasonable close and accessable area's and hope for the best,but plan to travel north for thinhorn in the event a draw never materializes.
Tough hunt either way!