PDA

View Full Version : Re Brother Jack and deer

sawmill
11-14-2009, 09:21 AM
I slipped out last night for the last hour of shooting light(wife sent me to the store:mrgreen:)What did I see but a 150 class 5x5 whitie standing in a meadow and looking over his shoulder.Completly ignored me and I was 50 yards away.Next thing I saw,as I was putting the clip in the .243 BLR,was a guy crawling on his hands and knees over the hill and trying to get close enough to pat him on the head.I watched this until the buck got smart and and ran.
I should have popped the buck but I was Mr.Nice Guy.
So this morning I went to have a look and what did I see?The guy went home and got his camper and set up right in the middle of the hot spot.
I`m pissed off with myself,you never get a chance like that twice.Should have just shot the buck.Oh well.............:cry:

tomahawk
11-14-2009, 09:23 AM
I think ethically you did the right thing, you'll get another chance some day!

ydouask
11-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Just makes you shake your head deosn't it? Don't kick yourself too much, with the tactics being employed by the " sneaker" you'll be getting another chance at that five point later in the season, or next year!

sawmill
11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Yah,but that buck was 5 inches wider than his ears on each side.:cry:

Ddog
11-14-2009, 01:33 PM
i dont understand completely, that happened to me with 2 bull elk, i was calling one in and a guy at the top of the clearcut road driving along heard the bull bugling and got out of his truck and nailed it,,the bull was about 80 yards from me, his cows had passed me at 30 yards so he was going to be in perfect bow range,,oh well.
ANYWAYS,,,you passed the buck because you saw someone sneaking to it, well ethically i would say you did the right thing, but the deer wasnt his deer. when you say brother jack, was it BJ from this site?

Gateholio
11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I think it's because BJ had the same thing happen to him!:-D

cainer
11-14-2009, 08:56 PM
You should knock on the guys camper and tell him he needs better camo.:mrgreen:

sawmill
11-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I think it's because BJ had the same thing happen to him!:-D
Yes ,I should have clarified.It was simelar to what Brother Jack had happen to him except this idiot didn`t score.

MRoy10
11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
All good deeds Shall be rewarded bigger and better are out there just gotta find em..

brotherjack
11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Dang it, this is starting sound like the start of a pandemic!!!

rock
11-15-2009, 06:07 PM
You did the right thing just hope it will pay you in the future, hate to hear about stuff like that hunting ethics are hard to find in some people but you passed with flying colours good luck for the rest of the season.