PDA

View Full Version : Cranbrook Mulie Buck

Trapper
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I was coming out of Cranbrook today around 1:00 pm and seen the CO loading up a nice mulie buck,just off the turn to Kimberly (if your coming in from Jaffray) in what i would guess the city limits.My son was in front of me about 1/2 hour and said there was a couple of rcmp cars and two hunters dressed in camo standing there talking to the rcmp,Has anyone heard of what went on there?

Ddog
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
not heard yet,,but now i am looking.

sawmill
11-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Kimberley city limit is just before the overpass at Reds Country store on that side .Limits are at the track crossing on the Cranny side.6 miles or so out towards St Marys Lake.Unless he shot it right in town or on private land just outside?People are stupid .A guy arrowed a huge Mulie at the golf course a few years back,golfers found it next day with the arrow in it.Idiot had his full name written on the arrow.:confused:BUSTED!!!!!!

benbeckoutfitters
11-13-2009, 08:11 PM
probably in a camo tracker???lol them morons lmao old "lets glue a 6th point on a illegal 5 point bull" guy lmao what a effn clown. Was that near the cranbrook sign by any chance??? there was a big mulie buck there every mornin i drive in and now gone lol there was a couple fellas who chased a big buck from there last year out of city limits and dumped em...then had the balls to drop em off at the big game banquet buttttt they would show there face to accept there award for #2 mulie i believe lol...the nerve

Ghost Stalker
11-13-2009, 08:20 PM
i stopped and talked to vissenteen. woulda been a good shoot if the buck wasn't standing on the shoulder. was out of city limits but they neglected to be 15m off centerline. guess they took the term road hunter a little too seriosly. cop was being a dick head know it all and said wasn't a good place to shoot from but the CO cut him off and said if it was 15m off center line woulda been nothing they could say. it was a 145" buck at best. i've seen bigger bucks there. not my bag to kill a town buck. remember the slack that Bell got last year about shooting that buck just outside town! and he entered it in the big game contest! lol. must be something to be proud of.. must have taken great skill and determination to kill a buck like that! hey i'm not knocking the guy for killing it if it happened the way he said. i just don't think the deer was hunted(town buck).

sawmill
11-13-2009, 08:29 PM
i stopped and talked to vissenteen. woulda been a good shoot if the buck wasn't standing on the shoulder. was out of city limits but they neglected to be 15m off centerline. guess they took the term road hunter a little too seriosly. cop was being a dick head know it all and said wasn't a good place to shoot from but the CO cut him off and said if it was 15m off center line woulda been nothing they could say. it was a 145" buck at best. i've seen bigger bucks there. not my bag to kill a town buck. remember the slack that Bell got last year about shooting that buck just outside town! and he entered it in the big game contest! lol. must be something to be proud of.. must have taken great skill and determination to kill a buck like that! hey i'm not knocking the guy for killing it if it happened the way he said. i just don't think the deer was hunted(town buck).
Totaly get you on that one.You should see the 180 with a 10 inch drop tine that hangs around my yard.Right now there are 180+ bucks in full rut on the hill by my house.I`ll take some Photo`s.

Trapper
11-13-2009, 08:40 PM
probably in a camo tracker???lol them morons lmao old "lets glue a 6th point on a illegal 5 point bull" guy lmao what a effn clown. Was that near the cranbrook sign by any chance??? there was a big mulie buck there every mornin i drive in and now gone lol there was a couple fellas who chased a big buck from there last year out of city limits and dumped em...then had the balls to drop em off at the big game banquet buttttt they would show there face to accept there award for #2 mulie i believe lol...the nerve

Ya it wasn't to far from the welcome to Cranbrook sign.

Elkaholic
11-14-2009, 04:22 PM

That buck was investigated by the CO's and he shot it outside of city limits..... Sounds like its legal to me. And try to tell yourself you wouldn't have shot that buck if it was standing 1 ft out of city limits..... So I say if he was investigated 4 times and they said nothing to him well good for him.

eastkoot
11-14-2009, 04:42 PM
You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.
Even if the wilderness is 1 foot outside city limits ??:confused:

Elkaholic
11-14-2009, 05:32 PM
1 ft outside is still outside of limits the way I look at it, legal is legal. Now if he did do illegal things well that is a different story.