PDA

View Full Version : dad downs a doe!

lightmag
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Well my dad turned 60 this year and has hardly hunted and hasn't shot anything in nearly 15+ years due to personnel reasons. On the odd occasion when he did come with my brother or me he would insist we shoot whatever the the game of the day.

He just recently got over some health concerns and my brother took him out this am and he cancelled his 1st tag in over 15 years!! a nice fat doe! 75 yards quartered away staring back at him and he tagged it perfectly in the neck!

My brother said he was pretty happy, he has shot many animals in his life time but this one probably feels different, a good different, wish i was there this morning!

Unfortunately my brother didn't have a camera with him so we have no pictures!! very unfortunate.

Lightmag

4 point
11-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Good for him. He must find it nice to be back in the field again.
I like him at 61 had serious health issues last year leading to heart surgery last October. Shot a nice 3 point mulie in October 2009 and it was a great big "I am back feeling."

lightmag
11-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Good for him. He must find it nice to be back in the field again.
I like him at 61 had serious health issues last year leading to heart surgery last October. Shot a nice 3 point mulie in October 2009 and it was a great big "I am back feeling."

great to have you back out there!! life's too short and we should never take life or how fortunate we are to be able to enjoy the outdoors and wildlife for granted!! hopefully yourself and my dad will be around many more years of memories!!

hunter1947
11-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Lightmag I am very happy for your dad good for him something like this will get him hooked again ,congrats to your dad and brother for being there to get him back into hunting http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

doubled
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Great story. Keep bringing him out. Good for you guys.

sawmill
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
How good is that!:-DHuge congrats to him.I sure miss my Dad.