PDA

View Full Version : truck broken into last night

Thor Rider 88
11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Last night i got home from work, did my usual shower, and came on here till i was ready for bed. I woke up this morning looking for my wallet and couldnt find it. I said to myself well it must be in my truck, not to worried about it i jumped in the shower than had breakfast. I go out to my truck to find my drivers window smashed in:cry:. This was the one night where i forgot my wallet in my truck and it was stolen same with my cd's and camo. So now i gotta go through the tasks of getting everything back, the one thing that pissed me off the most was my hunters number was in my wallet. How do i go about getting it back???

11-13-2009, 12:19 PM
The hunter number is the easiest thing to get back. go to the government agent and they will dig it up for you. The only thing is you might need some id which is probably in your wallet.

d6dan
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Get down to your nearest BC access office. They should be able to help you with most of your stuff. Sorry to hear that, I know what it is like to be broken into.. Good luck..

Thor Rider 88
11-13-2009, 12:21 PM
i had my bc ID in the house its my back up... do they print it up right there for you or does it take forever in the mail

gary murray
11-13-2009, 12:24 PM
I lost my hunter number card and i went to ServiceBC and they printed it right away for me.

David Heitsman
11-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Been there, done that, bought the shirt.

Lost my wallet, phone, camera, CD's, my binos and about a $400 order of books from Safari Press. I think it was a $2500 claim. Turned out the neighbour kid did it. I was visiting my mom in Aldergrove at the time.

Why would Safeway and other local stores let a pimply faced teenager charge things on a platinum VISA. They had to know it wasn't his.

As to your hunter number, go to a gov't agent and they'll arrange another for you.

Thor Rider 88
11-13-2009, 12:25 PM
awesome guys thanks alot for the info... i was pissed i thought they would have to mail it to me and that would have ended my season...

gary murray
11-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I know the hassel. Couldn't care less about the few dollars i had in the wallet but having to replace ID is a pain. Why can't these assh^&*s just find a job instead of living day to day from thefts?

Thor Rider 88
11-13-2009, 12:29 PM
hey David Heitsman, that really sucks sorry to hear that.... sounds like the people at safeway really needs to give their head a shake

oscar makonka
11-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Why would Safeway and other local stores let a pimply faced teenager charge things on a platinum VISA. They had to know it wasn't his.

because they want to make a sale, they don't care to who and lots of pimply faced kids have platinum visas.

frenchbar
11-13-2009, 12:52 PM
because they want to make a sale, they don't care to who and lots of pimply faced kids have platinum visas.

Hey oscar..can i borrow some gas money ...wanna go hunting...:tongue:

pete_k
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Had my hunter number go through the wash.
Grabbed one of my old tags (has the hunter number on it), went into BC Access in Vernon and they printed out a new one on the spot and laminated it. All for 12 bucks.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

David Heitsman
11-13-2009, 12:59 PM

13 to 15 years olds? Really.

gary murray
11-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Most of the cashiers in Safeway are almost kids themselves that are just old enough to sell the cigarettes and probably don't even think about where these kids got the visas from. As far as they're concerned, mum and dad sent them to pick something up. Even as a young cashier, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's something wrong with kids running around with visas. If it was me, i'd want the parents phone number to check that they did give the card to their kids to make a purchase.

FlyingHigh
11-13-2009, 02:42 PM
david heitsman, whatever happened to the little puke who broke into your vehicle? it was the neighbour's kid eh? a quick lesson behind the woodshed, or did you press charges?

Tarp Man
11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I have written on the back of my Visa where the signature should be "ASK FOR ID" then signed it beside. I get asked one time in 30 for ID when I use my Visa

David Heitsman
11-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Flying high,

I leaned on the kid and his parents and suggested some unfortunate occurance to be in his near future if I didn't get my stuff back.

The next day I had a police cruiser in my driveway advising me that it wasn't wise to 'threaten' the child and his family and perhaps I should tell the nice officer what I really meant to say.

The cops knew he did it as they had picked him up many times allready but being under 18 or 19 their hands were tied.

The dumb$hit used my c-phone to call his house a few times before I got it canceled, the pawn shop where my camera went also told the police who had brought it in.
Now there is a complicit group, pawnshops and thieves.

Jelvis
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Park under good lighting will rectum fy most problems
Good lighting system that shines light on your vehicle
Jel -- shine the light steady on it --