PDA

View Full Version : looking for a nice blacktail cape?

humble hunter
11-13-2009, 11:40 AM
This morning on my way in to work driving from squamish to vancouver a car in front of me hit a really nice 4 pt blacktail. I dragged it off the road and over the median left it right beside the Ansel Pl. sign heading south. The cape is in really nice shape and the rack is pretty big. What a freaking shame. He had his nose up a does ass and followed her across the highway. :(

fozzy
11-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes that sucks to see an animal go to wwaste but it's illegal to pick them up.
Page 20 of the regs states

Big Game

4It is unlawful to possess or transport a
big game animal that was killed unintentionally
by accident or collision, or was illegally
killed.

dougan
11-13-2009, 08:08 PM
not if you want to tag it

Fixit
11-14-2009, 12:22 AM
i dont get what they cross the highway for so much, theres not a bunch of food below the highway for them... well ok maybe in the new section theres a bunch of grass...

lip_ripper00
11-14-2009, 12:43 AM
He had his nose up a does ass and followed her across the highway. :(

i dont get what they cross the highway for so much, theres not a bunch of food below the highway for them... well ok maybe in the new section theres a bunch of grass...

You where never 19 years old?:mrgreen:

fozzy
11-14-2009, 01:00 AM
not if you want to tag it

That would be a good question for the CO's. It doesn't say anything about tagging, only possesing an animal that was killed by accident or collision...

Gateholio
11-14-2009, 01:15 AM
That would be a good question for the CO's. It doesn't say anything about tagging, only possesing an animal that was killed by accident or collision...

it's illegal to possess wildlife- unless legally killed or you have a permit.

Roadkill isn't leal unless you are a trapper or have a permit.

any pics, Humble Hunter?