PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Angus
11-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Okay, the requisite joke, which really isn't a joke, just something that happened while I was doing my FSC course a while back.

During the practical part of the exam, I'm handling a shotgun and the instructor asks, " Okay, you're out hunting and have come to a fence. What do you do?" I told him that, as instructed, one would unload the gun, and lay it on top of my pack on the other side of the fence, with the barrel pointing down range. He then said, " Okay, what happens if you a see a bear or cougar?"

I said, " Well, if it's a bear, I 'll get over the fence quickly, load the gun and try to avoid it."

"What about a cougar?", he said.

I replied, "Well, if it's a cougar, I'll sit real still on this side of the fence, and wait to she gets real close. If she see me and approaches, I'll wait 'til she's just about on me, and then I'll offer her a glass of white Zinfandel."

The class got a chuckle out of that, especially a couple of the ladies.

Anyways, I'm looking to get into duck hunting for next fall, and have started working with my dog. I'm in North Burnaby and actually looking to join a training group.

Cheers

tomahawk
11-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Welcome, good response on your examiners question!!