PDA

View Full Version : MOE reps phoning your home for direct input!

BCrams
11-12-2009, 12:27 PM
How would you feel if a representatives on behalf of MOE conducted phone surveys of resident hunters in BC to get in tune and in touch with what Resident hunters want?

Wouldn't that make you feel more involved and that the rights of resident hunters matter??

These results would be very transparent all the way to the top in Victoria. They would have no choice, but to listen and manage accordingly.

Gateholio
11-12-2009, 01:00 PM
I'd be fine with it, as long as they ID'ed themselves pretty quick, as I do nasty things to telemarketers..

hunter1947
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I would go along with this I would like them to say my hunters number to confirm the call.

moosinaround
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I would go along with this I would like them to say my hunters number to confirm the call.
Good idea Wayne! I would participate! Moosin

dmuth
11-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I would participate gladly.

Riverratz
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM
How would you feel if a representatives on behalf of MOE conducted phone surveys of resident hunters in BC....

I don't think allot of people respond favorably to "phone surveys".....(telemarketers, etc.) ....general consensus among most I've ever talked to is always very negative. Personally I don't answer unsolicited 800 or 888, etc. phone calls.......they're always a pain in the butt for a variety or reasons.

How about a mass mailing questionnaire, (not associated to the present harvest questionnaire), with a postage pre-paid return envelope ? While it still won't yield 100% return rate, it might result in a larger response ratio. For mailing purposes the hunter number data base could be utilized. I would happily take the time to respond to this.

BCrams
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't think allot of people respond favorably to "phone surveys".....(telemarketers, etc.) ....general consensus among most I've ever talked to is always very negative. Personally I don't answer unsolicited 800 or 888, etc. phone calls.......they're always a pain in the butt for a variety or reasons.

How about a mass mailing questionnaire, (not associated to the present harvest questionnaire), with a postage pre-paid return envelope ? While it still won't yield 100% return rate, it might result in a larger response ratio. For mailing purposes the hunter number data base could be utilized. I would happily take the time to respond to this.

Really good. Now why doesn't the MOE do this. :-D

Its not exactly anything new and they can calculate how many they need to send out for a certain return rate for a good representation :mrgreen:

I don't buy the 'no money' argument. There's a lot of things the MOE from Victoria are not doing and they should be.

ufishifish2
11-12-2009, 02:27 PM
If they really want to get in touch with what resident hunters want or are thinking, I would think that a poll/survey in this fine site should do just fine. I never have time to answer the phone anyways because I'm always too busy on this damn site!!!!!!

Onesock
11-12-2009, 02:39 PM
All the MOE has to do is talk to the BCWF. Don't you know the BCWF represents all hunters in BC. Even if there are 80,000 hunters in BC and the BCWF has 25,000 members and 20,000 of those are fisherman. Tongue in cheek. YES THE MOE SHOULD TALK TO HUNTERS IN BC.

gitnadoix
11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
An online survey would be easy to set up, have hunters log in with their hunter number and address and Date of Birth as a cross reference to be sure tree huggers aren't logging in with random numbers on the chance they get an actual hunter number. Then the results can be tabulated quikly with out a bunch of people re-entering what we already did. Most people these days either have a PC at home or can get to one for some thing they care about....

PGK
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Mail surveys are crap because noone fills them out because they're all afraid the government is out to get their spots, and phone calls don't work because everyone is on a don't call list, or they pull a gatehouse and start telling you how they would tie you u.....wait wrong forum. You guys sure are consultants.

yamadirt 426
11-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I think a survey like this done by phone mail or email would be fine as long as a hunter number was quoted

Big Lew
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM
All the MOE has to do is talk to the BCWF. Don't you know the BCWF represents all hunters in BC. Even if there are 80,000 hunters in BC and the BCWF has 25,000 members and 20,000 of those are fisherman. Tongue in cheek. YES THE MOE SHOULD TALK TO HUNTERS IN BC.
Great response! I like your idea, and would readily participate under those conditions.

Deadshot
11-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Really good. Now why doesn't the MOE do this. :-D

Far too pro-active.
They may have to do something with the feedback!

Wild one
11-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I would have no problem talking to an moe rep

dougan
11-12-2009, 07:11 PM
im in like the hunter# idea as well

Kody94
11-13-2009, 08:56 AM
I don't buy the 'no money' argument. There's a lot of things the MOE from Victoria are not doing and they should be.

I don't buy it either. They still seem to have lots of money (staff) for coming up with WHA's for butterflies that inhabit open marshy areas in an area with no development, birds that nest and feed in open areas and supposedly "rare" ecosystems that are in no immediate danger whatsoever. The MOE's priorities are seriously screwed up.

luckynuts
11-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm game for the phone calls. Though I'm sure there would be a lot of bleeding ears:tongue: would be better if they went to the webpage idea mentioned in another post.

W.