PDA

View Full Version : Which MU's regs to follow??

M@B
11-12-2009, 11:18 AM
So being new to the lower mainland I have been scouting a few different areas trying to find a promising place to hunt. It's taken a while but, I think I finally found a good looking spot. Thing is, I thought that it was in one particular MU but, I knew it was close to another. So a quick check of the bc recreational atlas shows the area I was in is basically covered by the little green boundary line lol!!
Thinking the regs for the two MU's should be similar I giver a check.....polar freeking opposites......So, question is which MU regs do I follow? one has an Elk opening, one doesn't, one has a WT opening, one doesn't, one you can take two BT/mule deer, the other only 1. Yadda, yadda...I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at a CO's office so I thought I'd ask here.

I come from northern BC, I've never had to worry about MU boundries.
my "guess" would be to follow the regs from what ever side I decide to access this area from but, I thought I'd ask here. See what you guys think. Thanx in advance.

Regards, Matt.

Shooter
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM
There will be a distinctive boundary. If you contact the CO office they will tell you where it is. You can't be in 2 MU's at the same time.

jml11
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Ever used IMAPBC?

You can bring up the MU boundaries and even LEH boundaries here. It is government website so the boundaries should be accurate. Unfortunately if you zoom in too close you lose the layer but you can 'identify' an area by clicking on it. IMAP takes a bit of playing around to figure it our but if you can figure out how to add and manipulate layers it is quite useful!

M@B
11-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Perfect, cheers guys!

MichelD
11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Do you mean the BC Recreational atlas or the Backroad Mapbook?

I found the BC Backroad Mapbooks to be pretty accurate.

M@B
11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
That Imapbc is great! but just as I thought it's very close to both mu's.

jml11
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Generally speaking, at least up here anyways, MU boundaries are major road ways, waterbody's (rivers) and heights of land. That may help you determine which MU you are actually in if you are on either side of one of these feautures.

hunter1947
11-12-2009, 04:00 PM
The wildlife branch in Vancouver or Victoria can help you out on this if you talk to the right personal.