PDA

View Full Version : Antlerless season

Hemi
11-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I see anterless season opened today in 7a. I am just curious as to the symbol. That states open only on private land or crown land with 2000 meters of private land. Is this just 7-2 or all mu's after the triangle. Seems kind of weird the way it is stated, so does this mean if I am crown land I can shoot a anterless providing there is private land with in said distance. If your hunting say blackwater and see a anterless do you shoot it? kind of grey to me?

mxracer328
11-10-2009, 11:04 PM
thats the way im taking it, if im within 2 km of private land a doe is goin down, and in my spot im gold

sako7mm
11-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I see anterless season opened today in 7a. I am just curious as to the symbol. That states open only on private land or crown land with 2000 meters of private land. Is this just 7-2 or all mu's after the triangle. Seems kind of weird the way it is stated, so does this mean if I am crown land I can shoot a anterless providing there is private land with in said distance. If your hunting say blackwater and see a anterless do you shoot it? kind of grey to me?

It applies to all the M-U's listed after the symbol so all the antlerless seasons are restricted to the on private land with permission and/or within 2000 meters of private land only. There is some private land down the Blackwater but not much, the fenced range land dosen't count as private land..

Good luck

yukon john
11-11-2009, 09:59 AM
there is actually quite a bit of public land you can hunt but most of the deer are on private land believe it or not if you dont have private land its not a shoo in

PGK
11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Most of the deer are not on private land. A little homework with a cadastral map (google ''online cadastre'') and you can figure out where you can't be. To my knowledge, most of the blackwater qualifies, as well as anywhere near west lake, isle pierre. We were out in reid lake this morning, no dice. Not even fresh tracks! 2km as the crow flies is a looooooooong way. Blackwater to the punchaw cutoff and back to the pelican would be a decent loop. Plenty of private land around that chilako country for sure.

jml11
11-11-2009, 02:04 PM
There is no definition of what private land is (i.e. fields or housing, private woodlots, first nations reserves) so basically as far as I am concerned as long as the parcel shows up as a private on the online cadastre/IMAP it is fair game. There is patchy private land in all directions from PG with deer abound. You might be surprised where some private land exists!

Seems to me it would be pretty easy to find a mulie doe within 2 km's of Baldy Hughes or one of the ranches down the pelican around the punchaw as PGK put it.