PDA

View Full Version : So what are you going to do?-3

Kudu
11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/grizzly.jpg

While stalking a deer - your concentration is focused on the deer - suddenly you hear a noise behind you and here comes this guy - 15 yrds - 14-yrds - 13 yrds - 12 yrds............

Do you take a shot?

Do you throw your bow at it and pull your knife?

Do you bend over stick your head between your knees, and kiss your ass good bye?

Do run like hell and try and climb a tree?

What do you do?

tomahawk
11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Poor shot, wait it out. I had a monster blackie, the biggest blackie I've ever seen at 12 yds in PG with the same quartering too angle and never did get a shot at him as he winded me and took for the heavy bush. Never regretted it to this day!

Steeleco
11-10-2009, 10:10 PM
If all I was packing was a pointy stick, I'm damn sure the smell would make him leave.

BearStump
11-10-2009, 10:13 PM
if all I had in my hand was a bow; then yah, kiss my ass goodbye.

fortunately I dont have to worry about being stuck with only a bow. I dont own one yet. so I'd yell first, then if any aggression at all out of him I'd let him have it,peferably in the front shoulder(but all I'd see is a big ball of brown I'm sure) then chamber another round as fast as possible and go from there.
If I'm not dead yet, I would then check my shorts for a mess.

Chuck
11-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Wait till he stands up on his hinds........then he'll swing his paws in the air and let out a great roar. We've all seen that before on the TV many times.
Now's my chance to take a bead on his mouth and drill him right through the tonsils. Well either that, or wait till they holler "cut".

pappy
11-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd try and feed him some spicy doritos, that or some 225 grain accubonds

Kudu
11-10-2009, 10:26 PM
if all I had in my hand was a bow; then yah, kiss my ass goodbye.

fortunately I dont have to worry about being stuck with only a bow. I dont own one yet. so I'd yell first, then if any aggression at all out of him I'd let him have it,peferably in the front shoulder(but all I'd see is a big ball of brown I'm sure) then chamber another round as fast as possible and go from there.
If I'm not dead yet, I would then check my shorts for a mess.

I tell what I would do – I send a 680grain arrow straight at that left shoulder – between the ear and the shoulder to be precise.

My Arrow would have created 118 ft pounds of kinetic energy (V squared (280fps) x arrow weight divided by 450.240) – coupled with the wicked Silver flame broad head – that Bear will be wounded - possibly mortally.

I just wont give him the chance to nibble on me if possible!

Robinhood
11-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Pray!!!!!!

pete_k
11-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Thats why you should always hunt with your Grandpa.

Or anyone else you can out run.

bozzdrywall
11-10-2009, 11:06 PM
grab the side arm and let lead fly. I mean no side arm run like hell. ( I will go home after the hunt i would bet the farm i will win) the only good charging bear is a dead one. 12 yrds is a little to close for confort.

Tenacious Billy
11-10-2009, 11:31 PM
[quote=Kudu;550114]
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/grizzly.jpg

While stalking a deer - your concentration is focused on the deer - suddenly you hear a noise behind you and here comes this guy - 15 yrds - 14-yrds - 13 yrds - 12 yrds............

Do you take a shot?

Do you throw your bow at it and pull your knife?

Do you bend over stick your head between your knees, and kiss your ass good bye?

Do run like hell and try and climb a tree?

What do you do?

I'd probably do a ninja roll, come up with a sweet judo-chop to his esophagus, apply some sort of headlock and proceed with a viscous 'noogie'. Failing that, I'd calmy say "hey bear" and hope he backed away........

Butcherman79
11-10-2009, 11:42 PM
I would approch him saying nice bear and try and pet him....

Tenacious Billy
11-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I would approch him saying nice bear and try and pet him....

You should scratch under his chin too.

Barracuda
11-10-2009, 11:49 PM
I would punch holes the size of tennis ball through him cause I am always loaded for bear .

MikeH
11-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Well if I'm in griz country probably would be rifle hunting not bow.If he was facing me would send the first of many at his chest!Same with bow hunting I'd send a arrow at him too if I had time. My god i wouldn't want to face that thing with a bow.

bearhunter338-06
11-11-2009, 09:41 AM
With the shite trail coming out of my pants he would never get enough traction to catch me running away........:-)

islandarcher
11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Screw the deer, make the bear very aware of me and hope he leaves. So much a jaw pop gets him a 600 grain fir shaft and big old Magnus Journeyman under the chin!

bsa30-06
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
If all I was packing was a pointy stick, I'm damn sure the smell would make him leave.

I was going to say empty the mag into him but since were bow hunting im opting for throw the bow at him and kiss my ass goodbye.lol

The Hermit
11-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Make myself known by standing up and yelling "Phuck Off Bear", while slipping my defender around and letting fly at the first sign that it was going to take a step closer! If it didn't move off within a very short moment or two one warning round with a two second delay for it to start to move off before emptying the rest at its mass!

One close encounter has taught me to ALWAYS carry my defender while bow hunting.

bsa30-06
11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I would punch holes the size of tennis ball through him cause I am always loaded for bear .

I've seen you do this before.....remember the result he got up and charged us,but the end result was a dead bear.Sure glad that bear wasn't as big as this one.:-D

bochunk2000
11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I think I would start yelling as I drew my bow and took aim. Making sure I was standing and look as big as possible the arrow would fly the bow would follow it shortly and then the bear spray would be out with the knife. I am not sure of the result or of how correct that would be to do but its what would happen.
Steve.

peterrum3
11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
I would wait till he gets to 20 feet and taser him