PDA

View Full Version : Bison Hunt- Sled advise

11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone,
Myself and a buddy were lucky enough to draw Dec 1 to 15 LEH Bison.
We are looking to rent 2 sleds besides what we have, there are 5 of us going from the lower mainland. Can any one recommend a specific dealer on our way to Fort St. John from here. Or if any one is interested in a Salmon fishing Charter in exchange some day that can be done also. Thanks for your time.
CT
Please PM me if interested.

bigwhiteys
11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Peace Country Rentals in FSJ has snow machine rentals... No idea on cost.

Carl

bridger
11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
peace country rentals ditto best place to rent one in fsj, but they only rent tundra's no big machines. good idea to phone asap as if the oil patch is busy by then you may not get one.

partner
11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
If the weather keeps on going like it is you might not need sleds. Most are using ATV's right now. Are you in Zone A or B? I've hunted Zone B 2 years in a row. I have the same date draw as you in zone A. There is less than a foot of snow as of yesterday. What sleds do you have already? I have 1000 and a 800 doos. Unless it is cold and lots of snow, they are not the best for hunting. The air cooled sleds are much better for going slow and looking for buffalo.

11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
We have a couple quads, an old Skandik ? not sure of spelling, a work horse any way made for 2 or for towing a skimmer.
We are in zone A
Thanks
CT

lunatic
11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Rental place in Chetwynd also has sleds! I'm at mile 120 working right now and there is less than a foot of snow.

David Heitsman
11-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Go with the Tundra as they can hear those piped (noisier) machines a mile away.

Piperdown
11-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Hey CT, with all that money of yours stashed under your big pillow, go buy a couple :biggrin:

JPY
11-12-2009, 07:10 PM
just got back from (b) there was about a foot of snow, hope it stays for you and it gets cold enough to freeze the river, all the animals were across it and there were a few quads towed back. The only crossing was right at the ranch, and it's sutable for 4X legs ice on both sides