PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter

jsburnett
11-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi my wife and I are new too hunting and just recently finished all the courses and just got out tags and are really excited about getting out there too get something in the freezer. We live in Port Coquitlam and we were wondering if anyone might know of an area that we could go to for mullies or whitetail

BearSniper
11-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Welcome

A joke is required as an apparent intitation.:-D

As for deer, alot of members have suggested region 3 or 8 off the Coquihalla.

For Blacktails, the Chilliwack River Valley has critters as does Harrison.

However, and I may be biased, but bagging your first Bear is a really cool experience.:wink:

Phoneguy
11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Last day for region 8 is today I believe.

BiG Boar
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Best thing to do is to get the regs so you know what areas are open, and then a back roads mapbook of somewhere that is within driving distance. Then pick out a road and check it out on google earth. Make sure the hunting area is open, then head there, park and hike down as many trails as you can find. You may want to drive the area first looking for open areas, and sign of deer (tracks,poop). Once you know deer are there, start hunting. Please read the regs through first as you may not know every rule for that area. Special areas dont allow quads and what not. Once you find some sign, you can either stalk through it slowly or sit and wait behind some cover. The animals will come through, make sure you have a tag for every animal that is open in that region, hate to see a cougar walk out and be unprepared.