11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
lets see some bucks that people have takin out of the chute lake rd. area
(or bulls)

watson721
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
really nuthin?

Shooter
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
You scoutin? lol. Not many people are gonna tell you exactly where they took a prized trophy. More people that hunt there are likely to say there is nothing there. I have never hunted there personally tho so I truly can't share.

blaker_99
11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Chute Lake? Where's that......tough thread, should be a few good reads on this one.

I heard Clearwaters got some crankers being yanked out of that area.

hunterkid15
11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I heard Clearwaters got some crankers being yanked out of that area.

thats urban legend

muley kid
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
I heard Clearwaters got some crankers being yanked out of that area.[/quote]

haha ya sure go hunt clw.. lotsa wolves and very few deer due to the harsh winters... im gonna stick to rg 5 or marks dirty giant from kelowna lol

watson721
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
just wanna see some bucks takin out of there

gary murray
11-10-2009, 12:40 AM
My girlfriends butcher shop just got a monster 7x6 whitetail with a beauty rack that came out of Naramata.

coach
11-10-2009, 09:07 AM
How is it that you put up a post a few days ago asking how to get from Kelowna to Naramata and now you are asking everyone to post pictures of bucks taken in that area? There's lots of great country out there, but its up to you to get out there and check it out for yourself - just like the rest of us.

gary murray
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
If you want to see some pics of big Chute Lake bucks, i believe the lodge up there has a photo album with hunting pics in it from the deer taken up there.

watson721
11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
thanks for the helpul post there coach:evil:

born2hunt
11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
i heard all the chute lake bucks migrated to clearwater:)

watson721
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
sure they did

pete_k
11-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Seems all the replies to your post are from people who think your trying to hunt from laptop.

Hell, It aint that far to go look for yourself if you're already living in Kelowna or area. Looks like a nice quad you got there. Go put some milage
on that sucker. (dont' forget to park on your ramps)

Wrayzer
11-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Buddy and I dropped two muleys side by side beggining of any buck in Oct about 500m up a spur road just past chute lake and gillard junction. Both were 3x2's, nothing to write home about but meat in the freezer.

Hop on that quad and go take a look in areas away from the main roads you'll find them.

watson721
11-10-2009, 06:49 PM
ive been up there lots but have only seen 1 buck and it as a smal whitetail

dave_fras
11-10-2009, 06:55 PM
all i know is... chute lake is a flippen zoo these days!... u cant even walk up there anymore... im always worried about gettin shot at!... i use to enjoy hunting up there... this season fully changed things for me!... and ppl wonder why theres so many hunters moving in the area... its post like this that ruin it!.. thanks!

coach
11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
There's your answer, Watson - and you figured it all out by yourself. Very low buck to doe ratio in that area and all of the bucks are small. Elementary..

358mag
11-10-2009, 09:00 PM
If you live in Kelowna why hunt Chute lake country ,hell hit the east side of Windfield -Postall lake country way better hunting bigger bucks whitetail + mulies + less gut pile hunters but you still have to get off your butt and do a bit of hiking

pete_k
11-10-2009, 09:06 PM
less gut pile hunters

I've read the term before. What is a gut pile hunter? Is this a literal thing?http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

JDR
11-10-2009, 09:20 PM
There is great hunting around Chute Lake for many different species, you just have to know where to go. Yes, there are alot of other hunters, but the key is to get away from the crowds and you will probably find more game. Do your homework, look for the usual suspects - feed, water, and cover - and with some scouting you will eventually find your spot. I've hunted many places in and around the Chute Lake area and I am often alone and see lots of game.

rockdog
11-11-2009, 12:05 PM
all i know is... chute lake is a flippen zoo these days!... u cant even walk up there anymore... im always worried about gettin shot at!... i use to enjoy hunting up there... this season fully changed things for me!... and ppl wonder why theres so many hunters moving in the area... its post like this that ruin it!.. thanks!
Agreed Fras! I've never seen a concentration of hunters like I saw the last week out there. Hiking up high was hilarious because looking down at all the roads and trails you could see all the trucks and quads creeping along a couple hundred yards apart from each other, hardcore road hunting at it's finest! Any deer dumb enough to stick his melon outta the bush woulda probably got zapped by 4 different guns. Time to find a new area methinks.

coach
11-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Rockdog, it's worse than that. There's quad tracks all through the area I was hiking - nowhere near the road. Ridiculous!

dave_fras
11-11-2009, 03:51 PM
its ok... my whiteys have all moved into my late season area... ive got my blinds built and im ready to go!

lightmag
11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
now now boys, let's all take a deep breath and relax, lol.....i don't think he meant anything buy it.

coach
11-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Watson, I'm not trying to be rude - it's just that this website gets used way too much by guys who want to find out all about new areas without spending the time to check things out for themselves. I moved to the Okanagan 3 years ago and have spent a great deal of time scouting all kinds of areas. Although I've learned lots of great spots, I figure it will take at least 3 more years until I can enjoy the kind of success that some guys on this site have had this year. Discovering new areas is one of the great thrills of hunting - especially when the hard work starts to pay off. What everyone needs to remember here is that the information/pictures posted on this site aren't just between you and the person who answers your question. There are a lot of other guys looking for the same information as you and are not willing to put in the time to figure it out for themself. I'm sure you can read into my replies and the way in which they have been written that there must be some good bucks in the area you are asking about - just don't expect directions or GPS coordinates. You are already doing the right thing by hitting the area on your quad and on foot - keep looking and you will find some good spots. Then keep most of the information you learn to yourself.

watson721
11-11-2009, 09:47 PM
wasn't really scouting or looking for good areas i just wanted to see some photos of some bucks that had been taken out of the area

358mag
11-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I've read the term before. What is a gut pile hunter? Is this a literal thing?http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif
Well gut pile hunter in my option is someone who's to lazy to get out and hike -scout -put the time -effort -or gas $$$$ into finding a good spot but will be the first one to be in a area if the hear or seen a picture of a big buck-bull that was seen or shoot up "No Tellem Valley " there seems to be a lot of sheep in this world but not a lot of Shepereds .

gary murray
11-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Here you go Watson. A pic of my friend Heinz with a Chute Lake buck from 2005.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/bassplayer1972/9222_193135773744_749213744_3757355.jpg

rockdog
11-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Beauty Okanagan whitetail !

gary murray
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Beauty Okanagan whitetail !
Thanx rockdog. Heinz got him in the thick stuff away from the gong show down on the roads.

winbuckhunter
11-12-2009, 01:06 AM
WOW... do i love november 20th... ALWAYS had luck on that day!!! beauty buck.. too bad about the cape.. would have looked awesome on the wall with the red forehead and the very well defined black lines on his nose!!!

Here you go Watson. A pic of my friend Heinz with a Chute Lake buck from 2005.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/bassplayer1972/9222_193135773744_749213744_3757355.jpg

GoatGuy
11-12-2009, 02:52 AM
If you live in Kelowna why hunt Chute lake country ,hell hit the east side of Windfield -Postall lake country way better hunting bigger bucks whitetail + mulies + less gut pile hunters but you still have to get off your butt and do a bit of hiking

I heard the Naramata side is the place to be??

That's where the big bucks go down.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-12-2009, 04:26 AM

Really. Anyone remember that huge whitey that was in Big Buck a few yrs ago? The guy did horseback tours or something like that?? That's the only place with big bucks.

SSS

gary murray
11-12-2009, 09:13 AM

They do have some big ones. I was in my girlfriends shop and seen a 7x6 whitetail that they got in last Saturday from Naramata. Big body and a nice rack. Not as heavy of a rack like the one in the pic i posted but it was gnarly.

500grhollowpoint
11-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Kelowna as a whole is a shitshow. Even during the week. Just in the last 4 or so years. Can't go anywhere around here without seeing tons of hunters. Chute lake is the worst because the fires made it very open and it is growing back now...

gary murray
11-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Kelowna as a whole is a shitshow. Even during the week. Just in the last 4 or so years. Can't go anywhere around here without seeing tons of hunters. Chute lake is the worst because the fires made it very open and it is growing back now...
I hear you on that one. I went up to Chute Lake a couple of times this year and it was full of hunters. Thanksgiving weekend, every cabin at the lodge was booked solid with hunters all hoping for an elk. I was hunting elk on a Saturday up there and on the Sunday, moose opened and then it was game over. I got pissed off and left to try elsewhere.

GoatGuy
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM

funny, haven't seen any hunters I don't know :confused::confused:

doubled
11-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Don't see many people when I go walking.

358mag
11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
They do have some big ones. I was in my girlfriends shop and seen a 7x6 whitetail that they got in last Saturday from Naramata. Big body and a nice rack. Not as heavy of a rack like the one in the pic i posted but it was gnarly.
so why do you post pictures ?????

gary murray
11-13-2009, 02:45 AM
[quote=358mag;551770]so why do you post pictures ?????[/quote
Because someone wanted to see a pic of one and i'm sure by posting one pic of a nice buck taken 4 years ago isn't going to pollute Chute Lake with any more hunters than there already is.

gutpile
11-14-2009, 01:16 AM
throat cutter haaaaa! doesn't need to be done.

GoatGuy
11-14-2009, 03:45 AM
so why do you post pictures ?????

Why not?

Everybody likes seeing antlers on the internet.....

gutpile
11-14-2009, 04:56 PM
im talking about cutting the throat.

gary murray
11-14-2009, 05:46 PM
im talking about cutting the throat.
He was quoting someone else one horn.

358mag
11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Why not?

Everybody likes seeing antlers on the internet.....
so were's yours ???????? or you havve a rusty shutter on your camera too !!!!!

GoatGuy
11-14-2009, 07:37 PM
so were's yours ???????? or you havve a rusty shutter on your camera too !!!!!

yes, that too...... hahahahaha

I haven't been pulling the video camera out at all.

That way nobody knows.....

Lance Barkman
11-18-2009, 10:45 PM
I have to laugh, because some people on this site that are too lazy to discover their own spots would never walk in that far even if I told them where to go. I realize that all the poor guy wanted to do was to see a few pictures. My best advice is to go onto google earth, find out where the end of the road is, and hike all day. No matter how slow or fast you walk, commit to a spot, look for sign and you will find your honey holes in a year or two. happy hunting, enjoy Gods amazing earth and every hunt will be a success! And for goodness sakes post a few pictures of the bucks you shot from Winnfield or something:)