PDA

View Full Version : Broke Back Buck!!!

M.Dean
11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I've been sitting around, unable to do to much since the middle of August. I've been taking lots of pics of bucks, helped my Son, Grandson and Son in Law get there bucks, but I can't walk more than 20 feet due to a back and heart problem! Monday I go in for a CT scan to see what's wrong, so this morning I said what the hell, I'm going to go out back and see what's moving. I have to glass and take my pics off the quad so it kind of limits me to good trails only! Seen tracks in the snow, deer coyote and cougar, no animals standing in them, so I said it's time to go home. I came to the top of a bowl and as I started down there's a lone WT doe. I got off the bike, grabed my coffee and lit a smoke and watched it for a good 10 minutes, all of a sudden, this guy comes running out, chase's the doe and there out of sight! Guns loaded and I'm ready, good spot, I can get the quad right to him, but he's now a no show! 20 minutes and no deer come back out, I try to unload the gun and the bullet won't come out!!! Nothing works, so I kick a big stick out of the snow, put the butt on the ground, and pound the bolt and bullet comes back out!!! I'm pissed!!! Get on the bike, back up to the trail to go down, and who walk's out chasing the love of his life??? He's 200 yards out, thick brush, with his nose down,I reload,say a quick Hail Mary and bang, he's down on the trail!!! A quick gut job, eat 5 Tylenol with Codeine and I drag him 2 miles with the quad to where I can load him on the front rack without walking or bending over!!! I hope tommorrow go's as good!!! M.Deanhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Nov_8th_2009_Marv_s_White_Tail_Buck_017_Medium_.jp gail_Buck_017_Medium_.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Default/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Default/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg

Prowler
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Nice work. gettin it done no matter what. I like that!

sawmill
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Nice buck!Funny man you are,think it could be the smokes and coffee that are slowing you down?If you can drag him that far I reckon you will live to be 100:mrgreen:

d6dan
11-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Good on ya Mr Dean!. Congrats... Persistence with a disablity..he should be good eating.:-D

BlacktailStalker
11-08-2009, 04:30 PM
I knew it wouldnt be long til you put something down, looks like ya really did grin and bear :biggrin:

Big7
11-08-2009, 04:30 PM
At first I was wondering where you were going with the "Broke Back" part of your thread title.....I thought you were comparing a hunt you had with the movie!!! (Broke Back Mountain) Anyway, I understand it's because of your back...haha...good work! That's a nice whitie! Congrats.

BearSniper
11-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice Buck:wink:

I'll bet you 're glad you just "went out for a look ".

Hope the scan goes alright tomorrow.

pete_k
11-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Is that a 5x5? Nice little rack!

Everett
11-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Sweet getting a deer when your back is screwed is awsome. Been down this road several times and my back always improves two days later. Hope its the same for you.

BimmerBob
11-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Nice whitetail, congrats on the "mission success". This one will stay in the memory banks for a long time with the "broke back" not stopping you, way to go!

M.Dean
11-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the great comments! It's a 4x3, unless you count the brow tines, I'm not real sure if you count them on a White Tail or not? I'll try to put a few more pics of him in my gallery.

field marshal
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Now thats what I call guts!!
Just because you have some serious health issues doesn't stop you:wink:.
Thats showing all the young buggers:-D.
Nice whitey M. Dean:mrgreen:.
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Laurence_Erickson
11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
nice buck M.hope your test go good and they get you back up and running.soon!!!!

hunter1947
11-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Good for you M Dean persistence does pay off and the pic tells the story ,congrats http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

bad arrow
11-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Nice whitetail M Dean, hey isn't it a 5x5, its kinda hard to tell, looks like 5 on each side, could be the 5 tylenol, count the brow on a whitetail.

Little Hawk
11-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Good work MD! Hope what's ailing you ain't all that bad.

Keep us posted on your diagnosis and recovery...

Good luck man!

leadpillproductions
11-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Should be a good eater congrads.

ydouask
11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Your bit of history reminds me of an inspirational poster I saw somewhere... " When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade". Well Done !

BigfishCanada
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey way to go Marv, wish i was up there to help you carry that guy!! It will be great eating!

4 point
11-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Hope your "back problems" don't turn out like mine did last fall. The heart attack & bypass surgery was no fun but fixed the back problem of not being able to walk. Took a nice small 3 pt mulie last month and going for a hog in reg 5 in a couple weeks so things can turn around for you as the ydid for me. Best of luck to you.

gameslayer
11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Congrats M. Dean Glad to see you didn't give up. Nice deer. For WT that would be a 5 X 4 I believe tines count.

sapper
11-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Now that's commitment. Great job.
When I read your post title I too was wondering what it would be about. I thought maybe I'd be reading about a buck coming out of the woodshed.

Manglinmike
11-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey Hey Hey..... good job markin one more up for the hadicap team.I had a pulled tenon in my knee last fall went out with my sons and we shot 3 deer all at once the pain in that old knee was nasty, you like you think that your going to die but are afraid that you won't!

Kid Hunter
11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
wow good job getting out even with your back the way it is! I bet you're glad you did. Nice buck too!