PDA

View Full Version : Not Cool

bozzdrywall
11-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I live in the beautiful town of kimberly. I just heard through the grape vine that one of the towns big old buck was shot just out side city limits by a local hunter whos name i wont mention. The buck has been around for years and is quite big iam guessing 175+. This town is famous for the deer running around and on any givin day you can see some big bucks right on your front lawn the deer here are as tame as tame can be.:mad: Any how i just want to say good job dumb ass. Must not be much of a hunter if you have to shoot the tame town deer. MMMMMM bet that old meat is going to be as good as looking at the rack and knowing how lame you are for the rest of your days. And i hope you live a long time. If the person that shot the animal is on this site i hope your reading this and i hope you know that it takes more than a big buck on the wall to be a real hunter.

11-07-2009, 03:16 PM
That is lame.

Jelvis
11-07-2009, 03:21 PM
You gotta be kidding
stinkin thinkin -- a pet tame big old buck deer from the town of Kimberly, shot by a local person as it crossed the city limits boundary ? I hope it was all the waaay across before he let one go.
Jel -- that's not cool -- as it crossed the line ? -- Did the person call it across ? That is not kewl -- 000
Probably used doe in heat also -- hey, I know it's legal, --- but I don't know if it's cool ---

Ambush
11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
How far outside of city limits does it have to be to be ".. cool"?

Was it a legal kill?

THE SWEDE
11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
if its legal who gives a ****

FLHTCUI
11-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Why dont you name the clown, but instead of calling him uncool, praise him for his act and let those who dont live there decide?
A form of reverse phsycology maybe.
Anyways, yup, that is sure going to look great on his wall of shame, good bragging rights I am sure, especially the stalk before the shot.
I can hear it now, just the timmies drive through ....
Rob

Triggerman
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
More details please. In many B.C. cities and especially Victoria, there are tons of Urban deer. These deer need to be hunted to control their population as anywhere else. Deer are the #1 killer of humans in North America as a far as animals go.

By Marsha Walton (CNN Sci-Tech)
Thursday, September 26, 2002 Posted: 8:57 AM EDT (1257 GMT)
CNN) --

"Hollywood and fairy tales may demonize the shark and the big bad wolf. But the animal that claims far more lives in the United States is one that many people urge their kids to walk up and touch at the petting zoo.

Yes, Bambi.

It's not because they attack, but because hapless deer wander onto roadways that they and other creatures claimed 83 human lives in car crashes in 2000, according to the U. S. Department of Transportation .

Tens of thousands of deer are killed when hit by cars. Erie Insurance, which keeps detailed records on car vs. deer claims, says the number of claims increased from 23,000 in 2000 to 26,000 in 2001, up 16 percent. That company alone spent $50 million on car/deer accidents in 2001, the vast majority of their claims in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

If the hunter and deer were legal, it's all good - to me.

:neutral:

ALPINE
11-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I agree. :)

Ozone
11-07-2009, 04:09 PM

I also have to agree with this and the post about urban deer. Perhaps he just saved a life.

pupper
11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I live in the beautiful town of kimberly. I just heard through the grape vine that one of the towns big old buck was shot just out side city limits by a local hunter whos name i wont mention. The buck has been around for years and is quite big iam guessing 175+. This town is famous for the deer running around and on any givin day you can see some big bucks right on your front lawn the deer here are as tame as tame can be.:mad: Any how i just want to say good job dumb ass. Must not be much of a hunter if you have to shoot the tame town deer. MMMMMM bet that old meat is going to be as good as looking at the rack and knowing how lame you are for the rest of your days. And i hope you live a long time. If the person that shot the animal is on this site i hope your reading this and i hope you know that it takes more than a big buck on the wall to be a real hunter.

ahhh you would have shot him too.

Brew
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
He beat you to it.

camelsfoot
11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Seems like you know this (Man) or hunter,and there is more to this than just the deer.Has he or she maybe done other lame dumb ass things?

winchester284
11-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Seems like you know this (Man) or hunter,and there is more to this than just the deer.Has he or she maybe done other lame dumb ass things?

Ahhh! ........ the plot thickens.

bigshooter
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
I have watched lots of large bucks and does around my area sooner or later they are on the side of the road hit by a car. Still like watching them but if it is legal what the heck.

SAVAGE300
11-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Sounds like fair game to me

ape
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM

x2 if it is legal big deal.

eastkoot
11-07-2009, 05:42 PM

Some folks are just idiots and have little respect for the local wildlife that everyone gets to enjoy in our rural communities.. If you want a quality hunt do it, but there is no need to sit outside city limits to be the great white hunter.. Same thing has happened in Sparwood with some 170-180 class deer. The deer have class, the ******s shooting them don't in my opinion ...I agree with Boz for a change... Great LML attitudes from some..I don't think some on this site have the mental ability to just enjoy the wildlife we have in our communities, without killing it just because you can.. Makes you a man for sure.. Come to my back yard and be all you can be this winter, hey I'll put you on a 180 class deer. He'll probably eat out of your hand before you drop him !!!!

Ozone
11-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I agree with Boz for a change...Swede, and the rest of you ******s, stay in the LML !!

Could you please tell us how you really feel.

THE SWEDE
11-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Eastkoot hates me.Im okay with that.LOL..This is why I hate the internet.Jelously and shitty ethics..Thats what gets the hits

recoil
11-07-2009, 06:12 PM
I agree it sound like there is more to the story, what is the difference between shooting a "town buck" or a wild buck in the middle of nowhere that is dumb enough to stand in the middle of an old logging road while you park the truck, load the rifle and shoot him.

Should we start marking town bucks with paintballs in case they wander into legal hunting areas? gimme a break.

Also arent there rules on here about people ripping on others for legal kills? If is not a legal kill than by all means the guy is a scumbag, otherwise this post should be deleted IMO.

BCLongshot
11-07-2009, 06:15 PM
ha ha ha

Whatever buddy !

If it was legal good 4 him.

How old are you 8 !

Panzyass

cromey
11-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I agree it sound like there is more to the story, what is the difference between shooting a "town buck" or a wild buck in the middle of nowhere that is dumb enough to stand in the middle of an old logging road while you park the truck, load the rifle and shoot him.

Should we start marking town bucks with paintballs in case they wander into legal hunting areas? gimme a break.

Also arent there rules on here about people ripping on others for legal kills? If is not a legal kill than by all means the guy is a scumbag, otherwise this post should be deleted IMO.

took the words outta my mouth totally agree with you

Ambush
11-07-2009, 06:19 PM
[quote=eastkoot;547371 Come to my back yard and be all you can be this winter, hey I'll put you on a 180 class deer. He'll probably eat out of your hand before you drop him !!!![/quote]

Hey I've seen some of your winter pics and I'm all in for this offer!!!

Could you cut them off the bird feeder a few days before I come? Keep'em hungry so they come in.

I would like to sit in a blind though, unless it get's real cold.

pupper
11-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Some folks are just idiots and have little respect for the local wildlife that everyone gets to enjoy in our rural communities.. If you want a quality hunt do it, but there is no need to sit outside city limits to be the great white hunter.. Same thing has happened in Sparwood with some 170-180 class deer. The deer have class, the ******s shooting them don't in my opinion ...I agree with Boz for a change... Great LML attitudes from some..I don't think some on this site have the mental ability to just enjoy the wildlife we have in our communities, without killing it just because you can.. Makes you a man for sure.. Come to my back yard and be all you can be this winter, hey I'll put you on a 180 class deer. He'll probably eat out of your hand before you drop him !!!!
really? thanks man I am in!

pupper
11-07-2009, 06:22 PM
ha ha ha

Whatever buddy !

If it was legal good 4 him.

How old are you 8 !

Panzyass

Yah well said BC longshot

bozzdrywall
11-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Well to reply to all of you Iam a 29 yr old hard core hunter and i feel i have put my time and effort in to become a hardcore hunter many miles and lots of time spent in the bush before and during the season. Thats why iam sucsessful i not only hunt for the kill but also and more so for the time spent outdoors as well as the experiance. And above all the pride i get when i know i have worked hard for my trophy. Even if it is a little spiker white tail.
Now back to the story. The so called hunter shot the deer in his yard with a bow. Just and i mean just out side the city. With lots of houses around his yard, he had no problem shooting this deer with out respecting his neighbors safty. His shot was technically legal but he did get charged for running his mouth to an officer.(not sure of the exact charge) This is not the first time there has been a ? about this guys ethics. This is just my opinion if your going to call your self a hunter than be just that. No need to get your panties in a knot. LOCK THIS THREAD BEFORE THERE IS TO MUCH DRAMA

sobirch
11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I see nothing wrong with shooting that buck. I would do the same. I love to see wildlife all year long but I am still a hunter. Well you may think he should be ashamed for his acts what about all the people that probably (I know some here) break the law and feed these deer to keep them on their front lawn. They are tame for a reason, ethically people should chase them off so the can live life in the wild to live and die as nature intended.

THE SWEDE
11-07-2009, 06:56 PM
LOCK THIS THREAD BEFORE THERE IS TO MUCH DRAMA

Callin someone out started the drama..i guess this comes with having to much time on your hands.LOL:twisted:Seems your ethics were questioned earlier this season were they not?

KB90
11-07-2009, 08:32 PM

You sound like a child. Legal Kill good for him.