PDA

View Full Version : how much game is everybody seeing

brksey
11-06-2009, 09:31 PM
reason i'm asking is i am hearing from a few people that i know that they aren't seeing as much game this year as they have seen in the last few. Myself i always see about the same amount of game , i try to get of the beaten path thats usually where i see most of my game. I am wondering if predator numbers are going up and having an effect on game numbers

Bow Walker
11-06-2009, 09:37 PM
I've had, and still have, the impression thaat there has been more game (deer) around these parts than the previous year or the year before that. There are certainly more grouse sightings than ever before.

brksey
11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
i know the grouse thing is true, i went out to an area that i have never seen a grouse before and managed to shoot 3 in one morning

30.06 Hunter
11-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Been having a brutal season so far. Have seen very few animals in areas that in past years have been very good. Despite some fairly intensive hunting, going on 40 days total through Sept, Oct and Nov, haven't seen antlers since Aug, highway and urban deer don't count, and have seen fewer does and fawns than usual.
Been a long time since I got skunked, hopefully the next few days bring some luck.
Had a slow start with grouse but then started getting a few, hopefully the deer will likewise pick up soon.

Shooter
11-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Definately been slower for me this year also. I did get my son in front of a good eating 2-point and have seen a few others with bone but definately not in usual numbers. Also not in usual places. Some of my old standby spots have been dead this year and has forced me to try new things and places.

Saw a nice spiker today that my wife would have taken had she been with me but she wasn't :frown:

brksey
11-06-2009, 09:48 PM
sorry to hear that. I am a firm believer in persistence and patience dont worry you'll smack one

Bowtime
11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I've seen lots of game this year. more bull moose and grizzlies than i've ever seen. haven't been out for deer much but they are always there, just need some fresh snow!!

KB90
11-06-2009, 09:55 PM
We've had a great year for moose this year. Seen good number of deer, LOTS of grouse, and bears. Had several opportunities at smaller bucks but with the new regs waiting for a big guy at the end of the month. Going out tomorrow to fill my doe tag. Cow moose tag filled this morning :)

hillclimber
11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
i timed by hunting trips good this year. had -20 on thanksgiving which had the deer moving. seen about 30-40 deer in one weekend. we were able to bring 2 home.

i see 3 deer in the freezer daily if that counts:mrgreen:

Steeleco
11-06-2009, 10:58 PM
I too have seen plenty of critters this year, and more moose in the spot we like than ever before. And the season still has plenty to go yet!

brksey
11-06-2009, 11:14 PM
sounds like its more positive than negative on the site..good to hear. planning a trip in the near future hoping it will be a good one , i'm pretty sure it will be . always better to get out than not.

Buckmeister
11-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Seen lots of moose this year and more mulies than last year, but I didn't spend near as much time in the high country last year as I have this year. Whitetails seem scarce though. Hoping this weekend proves different. Yep, good year for grouse too, but I'm done grouse hunting, it's a buck I want now. I do have a doe draw and hope to score on that tommorow morning.

gibblewabble
11-07-2009, 12:07 AM
I saw alot of deer today could have filled my muley tag 2X over today, seen lots of whitey does but no bucks yet.

pikey
11-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Strange old world...last year sucked the big one for me but this year had been very good.

This year my hunting buddy and I have taken 5 deer, it should of been a sweep of 6 but for a clean miss on my part.

As for grouse, I've never seen coveys as big as this year.

I don't know what to tell you, it's hunting.

hunter1947
11-07-2009, 07:55 AM
I am seeing more game animals this year the other years.

hannibal
11-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I keep a hunting journal and can honestly say I've seen less critters than the last couple 2 seasons. On the other hand I've shot 2 mule deer this season, they just happen to be about the only deer I've seen. I have seen plenty of grouse and rabbits though.

buckwild76
11-07-2009, 08:23 AM
I have been very persistent in a certain area this year, based on last years sightings but i have yet to even see any antlers let alone anything legal. I have re-traced every move i make to see if i can find something i am doing that is horribly wrong or if i should just concede to the area being less populated this year. Been a very frustrating year for myself so far, but just being out in some of the beautiful places this province has to offer makes a guy feel grateful. Good luck everyone.

cloverphil
11-07-2009, 09:50 AM
I was out in region 2 this past week and saw 3 full rack bull moose together, I've seen quite a few deer and grouse this year too but I don't always carry my 22 for grouse so I've only bagged one so far

oldtimer
11-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I have seen less deer locally and much more evidence of Wolves everywhere. Still have my doe tag to fill. :) Mike
Good population of bears was evident in the spring.