PDA

View Full Version : Need a hunting partner or 2 in kamloops

Darksith
11-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Hey, I am not new to kamloops, but I have a serious lack of friends that hunt. The few I do have are either out of town or have new babies and are done for the season. I like to hike, and I have many great spots, although Im not gonna be just a guide for someone that wants to steal my secrets. I have a F150, a quad if needed and will split the gas. Im looking to bag a big mulie and any white tail. Looking to go about an hour from kamloops this weekend looking for whities. Anyone wanna go with me? Im 31, like to have a few beers while we drive, and Im all business when its time.

yzchamp
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
cant do this weekend , but im game next week.:)

4 point
11-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I have my region 3 mulie buck already. I don't think that having a few while driving is a a good idea!

camelsfoot
11-06-2009, 04:09 PM
I have my region 3 mulie buck already. I don't think that having a few while driving is a a good idea!
Maybe less of a good idea while hunting.A few beer or a lot of beer when the day's done,GREAT.

11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
at least you know what to expect

frenchbar
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
you like to drink and drive while u hunt ....no thanx ..why the f--- you would post something like that is beyond me.... some peoples kids...

mxracer328
11-06-2009, 05:41 PM
nothin wrong with havin a few beers while out huntin, those roads get pretty dusty some times

Barracuda
11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
save the beer for in camp . Why is it that so many hunters think that it is perfectly acceptable to drink and drive??
And people wonder why the general public think that hunters are less then nobel creatures:-|

ufishifish2
11-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I'd be all in, 'cept for when you mentioned the F-150:-D

hotload
11-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey, I am not new to kamloops, but I have a serious lack of friends that hunt. The few I do have are either out of town or have new babies and are done for the season. I like to hike, and I have many great spots, although Im not gonna be just a guide for someone that wants to steal my secrets. I have a F150, a quad if needed and will split the gas. Im looking to bag a big mulie and any white tail. Looking to go about an hour from kamloops this weekend looking for whities. Anyone wanna go with me? Im 31, like to have a few beers while we drive, and Im all business when its time.

Have a few beers while we drive and hunt. What a bonehead comment. And to make it worse your not a kid your 31. It's guys like you I steer clear of in the bush. I'm sure you will get a lot of takers on this one. Please remind me to stay at least more than a hour from Kamloops this weekend.

yzchamp
11-06-2009, 10:01 PM
think he made that comment just to sound more approaching, lay off the guy already......

Bowtime
11-06-2009, 10:04 PM
In Darksith's deffence he doesn't say he ejoys having a few drinks while hunting, and we all have had a drink or two and have drivin home right guys. I think he means after a day of hunting. He also states he likes to hike, are you going to assume he drinking beers and hiking??

KB90
11-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I think he's just trying to let guys know so there's no surprises. The beer part probably would have been best saved to a PM though.

MadCat
11-06-2009, 10:41 PM
got to love a guy that puts it all out on the table. Right or not you know that there are a lot of people that do it and at least you know what to expect.

BearStump
11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Holy crap! some of you guys must hang out with my wife alot. the way you jump down a guys throat like that for not rehersing his words before speaking. jeez sounds like a few of you could use a beer or 2

pete_k
11-06-2009, 11:17 PM
You could go with Jel. He lives in Kamloops.
ps: you'll be needing those beers

MikeH
11-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Love when people preach:rolleyes:, relax guys like your all saints! perfect hunters....sure.. you are.Nothing wrong having a few beers mid day break.We don't need hall monitors!

bearhunter338-06
11-07-2009, 02:07 AM
"like to have a few beers while we drive"

No Thank You

BlacktailStalker
11-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the offer but beers are too pussy while driving for me.
Will travel for a good meth burn though !!

roblikestohunt
11-07-2009, 07:47 AM
leave the beers for the gutting, hanging, and cutting when your home or back in camp, the rest doesnt sound to bad....if i was home in kamloops i would defienately take you up on the offer!!

roblikestohunt
11-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the offer but beers are too pussy while driving for me.
Will travel for a good meth burn though !!

hahahaha LMAO when i read that one...:-D

silvercreek20
11-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I am an hour away in Merritt and we should be able to finish off a 6 pack each on our way to meet at Stump Lake or if we take the Coq , then maybe Helmer.............LOL...........

Has to be Bud or i am out though.......JK!!!

HMMMMMMMMM, sounds like this could go to a poll????

CooperSscat
11-07-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm all about staying alert while hunting so no booze or any other depressants during shooting light for me out in the bush.

Jeremy

husky30-06
11-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Frenchy and Myself were planning to head out for a whitey and mulie sunday..... beers during the day out hunting..... not for me and not for anyone I hunt with. Not sure at this point in time where we will be going. If you are interested, PM me but If I go into our regular area, we will be going alone. SORRY

M.Dean
11-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I spilled more Whiskey on the dash of my truck hunting than most people drank! I never shot anyone or drove off the road, just drank when I was on the back roads! I shot more deer and moose than most and had a great time doing it! I'm not saying it's a good idea to drive the back roads slurping on a drink, but lots do it! I think all's the fellow was saying is he's not against someone if they want to have a beer during the day! It's the weekend, your going hunting, it's time to relax, enjoy the outdoors and have some fun, I drink coffee now, but if someone wants to drink beer, as long as there safe and don't drink a 6 pack like I use to before breakfast, go for it!!! Mind you, we never had to drive any pavement to get home either, we lived in the bush, still do, but now I have to be careful of the guys that have been drinking all day!!!

dino
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
I spilled more Whiskey on the dash of my truck hunting than most people drank! I never shot anyone or drove off the road, just drank when I was on the back roads! I shot more deer and moose than most and had a great time doing it! I'm not saying it's a good idea to drive the back roads slurping on a drink, but lots do it! I think all's the fellow was saying is he's not against someone if they want to have a beer during the day! It's the weekend, your going hunting, it's time to relax, enjoy the outdoors and have some fun, I drink coffee now, but if someone wants to drink beer, as long as there safe and don't drink a 6 pack like I use to before breakfast, go for it!!! Mind you, we never had to drive any pavement to get home either, we lived in the bush, still do, but now I have to be careful of the guys that have been drinking all day!!!
I agree with you m.dean . Everyone is a hypocrit on this one.

roblikestohunt
11-07-2009, 02:55 PM
25 replies and almost 900 views,???? this guy should be pretty proud for his 7th post on the site....

bsa30-06
11-07-2009, 03:12 PM
you like to drink and drive while u hunt ....no thanx ..why the f--- you would post something like that is beyond me.... some peoples kids...

I was wondering the same thing.

troutseeker
11-07-2009, 03:21 PM

Clearly stated "like to have a few beers while we drive". Not a good idea, hope you make it to 32...

MOOSE MILK
11-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Drivin' down the road the other day, saw a big 5x5 walkin' cross the road not 50 yd. ahead. Came to a stop jumped out took two quick shots and by the time I got the top back on the bottle, there it was gone!:tongue:

ditchduck
11-09-2009, 03:17 AM
i dont see a prob with a beer or two...it does get dusty..and you dont get sh.. faced .maybe start a new group called HADD.....hunters against drunk drivers.... lolol

Darksith
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
holy shitballs, what a response from the community. I don't post much, but I am always reading these forums. As for the havin a few beers while we drive comment, all I can say is wow. So how many of you guys that are jumping down my throat for that one have gone out for dinner or to a pub, had a beer or 2 and then drove home? I bet every damn one of you! I didn't say lets get pissed drunk while we drive around. I just meant if you are going from one place to another in the afternoon or something along those lines, Im not apposed to sipping on a beer. If you think thats so criminal, then you might as well never drink unless your at home, which Im sure none of you do, so how about not being so freakin judgemental when your just as guilty.

Loved the "you guys must hang with my wife" comment.

yama49
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
holy shitballs, what a response from the community. I don't post much, but I am always reading these forums. As for the havin a few beers while we drive comment, all I can say is wow. So how many of you guys that are jumping down my throat for that one have gone out for dinner or to a pub, had a beer or 2 and then drove home? I bet every damn one of you! I didn't say lets get pissed drunk while we drive around. I just meant if you are going from one place to another in the afternoon or something along those lines, Im not apposed to sipping on a beer. If you think thats so criminal, then you might as well never drink unless your at home, which Im sure none of you do, so how about not being so freakin judgemental when your just as guilty.

i agree, people need to bitch on this website all the time, or there not happy.

Th0r
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Sounds to me like Darksith has a brain in that nogen and was just reaching out with an olive branch with a brew at the end. Misinterpreted by some. I would be all over your offer if I was out your way. Good luck in finding someone-- hard to find good partners.

Barracuda
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
well consuming the beer while you are driveing is not legal. it does not matter if it is on road or off road.

if you stop for a beer then that also changes the situation . If one was to look up the laws you would see that you actually cant even just walk in the bush drinking a beer (res)

it is amazing the laws that we have in place that could be used to govern the people.

Darksith
11-09-2009, 04:05 PM
well consuming the beer while you are driveing is not legal. it does not matter if it is on road or off road.

if you stop for a beer then that also changes the situation . If one was to look up the laws you would see that you actually cant even just walk in the bush drinking a beer (res)

it is amazing the laws that we have in place that could be used to govern the people.

Well if we want to get real technical about it, its not legal to have a beer in a camp you setup out in the bush either then. Where do you draw the line?

Prowler
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
You could go with Jel. He lives in Kamloops.
ps: you'll be needing those beers

I know funny, and thats funny $hit right there......:-D

Jelvis
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
This country would'nt run without sin taxes on booze, cigarettes, gambling and whatever is called a sin tax. Lottery's etc. That's where the money is.
If it was'nt taxed, it would all be against the law still.
Jellne$$

Barracuda
11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Well if we want to get real technical about it, its not legal to have a beer in a camp you setup out in the bush either then. Where do you draw the line?

you can have a beer in your dwelling i put up the info in the other thread. depending on the circumstances one is an indictable offence and one is not .

Hombre
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM

The line is clear, alcohol impairs your judgement,motor skills.
Having a few in camp is not the issue , drinking and driving is another matter.
Lets put things in perspective, how many here would allow their kids
to get into a school bus with a driver that thinks its ok to have a couple
of beer on the drive?
Its one thing to put your own safety at risk, but when we are on public
roads we share those roads with others.

frenchbar
11-09-2009, 05:11 PM
of beer on the drive?
roads we share those roads with others.
x2 couldnt have said it any better myself !

Darksith
11-09-2009, 06:41 PM
of beer on the drive?

Perspective:
Um was just looking for someone to go hunting with not a political debate, but we can continue if you like.

Drinking and driving is a term that is used when someone is driving under the influence. Does 1 beer impair your judgement? It doesn't put me over the legal limit. So I can get a ticket for having open alcohol, at the same time I'll get a seatbelt ticket as well, but I guess Im probably the only guy that isn't buckled up while road hunting too. I was have been hunting with a friend of mine who just happens to be a police officer and he said once "if you can't have a beer while you drive around in these fields, when can you have a beer," as he opened a wobbly pop as he puts it.

slowkey
11-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Sorry Darksith you have enraged the saints of HBC!!! maybe tell them you lean against the truck when you shoot!! or maybe you have your clip in when driving around!!!

BearStump
11-09-2009, 06:57 PM
of beer on the drive?
roads we share those roads with others

driving a bus load of kids on busy public streets, at speeds of 50 to 100 klicks, and driving 15 to 20 on a deserted gravel road in the middle of nowhere after 1 or 2 beers. Hmmmmmmm....doest take a rocket scientist to figure out that youre comparing apples and oranges there.

frenchbar
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Sorry Darksith you have enraged the saints of HBC!!! maybe tell them you lean against the truck when you shoot!! or maybe you have your clip in when driving around!!!Im far from being a saint! i just dont condone drinking and driving..simple as that..it was a stupid comment to post as far as im concerned .

Prowler
11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
driving a bus load of kids on busy public streets, at speeds of 50 to 100 klicks, and driving 15 to 20 on a deserted gravel road in the middle of nowhere after 1 or 2 beers. Hmmmmmmm....doest take a rocket scientist to figure out that youre comparing apples and oranges there.

I find the optimum speed for road hunting is 35 kmh. 15 to 20 is far to slow. They know something is up and head for the timber!:-D

groove
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Just curious, did you find someone to team up with for the weekend?

ufishifish2
11-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I find the optimum speed for road hunting is 35 kmh. 15 to 20 is far to slow. They know something is up and head for the timber!:-D
Plus the beer bottles break much easier on the road signs while doing 35.

Barracuda
11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Perspective:
Um was just looking for someone to go hunting with not a political debate, but we can continue if you like.

Drinking and driving is a term that is used when someone is driving under the influence. Does 1 beer impair your judgement? It doesn't put me over the legal limit. So I can get a ticket for having open alcohol, at the same time I'll get a seatbelt ticket as well, but I guess Im probably the only guy that isn't buckled up while road hunting too. I was have been hunting with a friend of mine who just happens to be a police officer and he said once "if you can't have a beer while you drive around in these fields, when can you have a beer," as he opened a wobbly pop as he puts it.

actually while you were busy drinking and driveing there were so many laws passed in Candada that you cant piss without a permit if they wish to enforce them.

look at sect 253 of the CC of C

(Preamble).
Operation while impaired (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fra/C-46/page-6.html#codese:253)
253. (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fra/C-46/page-6.html#codese:253) (1) Every one commits an offence who operates a motor vehicle or vessel or operates or assists in the operation of an aircraft or of railway equipment or has the care or control of a motor vehicle, vessel, aircraft or railway equipment, whether it is in motion or not,

(a) while the person’s ability to operate the vehicle, vessel, aircraft or railway equipment is impaired by alcohol or a drug; or

(b) having consumed alcohol in such a quantity that the concentration in the person’s blood exceeds eighty milligrams of alcohol in one hundred millilitres of blood.

For greater certainty (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fra/C-46/page-6.html#codese:253-ss:_2_)
(2) For greater certainty, the reference to impairment by alcohol or a drug in paragraph (1)(a) includes impairment by a combination of alcohol and a drug.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 253; R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 36, c. 32 (4th Supp.), s. 59; 2008, c. 6, s. 18.

Then look at 254 and 255 :lol: if a an officer wants to throw the book at you they can and it will be the judge that sorts it out on your dime.

and just because you do it does not mean everyone else does and nor does it mean that they will if you keep dismissing the potential ramifications LOL!!

good try though:tongue:

Hombre
11-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Im far from being a saint! i just dont condone drinking and driving..simple as that..it was a stupid comment to post as far as im concerned .

It's amazing isn't it that this attitude is still pervasive in our society.
Fortunately these Morons are the minority.

frenchbar
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
It's amazing isn't it that this attitude is still pervasive in our society.
Fortunately these Morons are the minority.Iwork for the local highways dept.and have seen the destruction and lifes ruined by people that thought it was ok to have a few drinks and drive..i guess untill it happens to them or somebody they truley care about they will continue to carry on doing it ..

ufishifish2
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Some people obviously have a sore spot regarding alcohol and safety. Understandable with all the accidents that happen every year. That does not mean that every person that has a drop of alcohol should suddenly stop living.
I am scared to get sucked into this endless argument, but here goes.
The measure of too much alcohol or not is difficult to measure. Totally depends on how long those few beers are consumed over. A RCMP friend of mine said that the average person burns off 1 drink per hour. That would mean for example: If an average person drinks 3 beers over 3 hours, he really has virtually zero alcohol in his system. Since we're splitting hairs going the other way anyways.......... I don't claim to be the saint that some of these guys most certainly must be.

Jelvis
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
It's the way of thinkink hic, some people can drink one or two drinks and that's it. That's their own cap, two drinks of one ounce hard, or two beerz.
One or the other that's it period.
As you know others have higher drinking cap. Maybe well it's got six beers and you only want two, so let's see, 6 - 2 for you = four left ? For me.
In to daze so so, sieaty it's from one extreme to another either don't or do it all. No common sense of moderation, in between, in the middle, that's for lahooozerz, c'mon man, coming in second means your the first, "Loser."
If somebody don't like me drinking coffee, in his new four by, cuz I might drip it on his beauty apolstree, I don't bring coffee.
When on Black Dome, or in Rome do az the Roman's -- lol -- +++++
Jellne$$ do az the Roamerz do doh

hotload
11-09-2009, 10:29 PM
" LIKE TO HAVE A FEW BEERS WHILE WE DRIVE" The statement was made, plain and simple. Some people condone it, some don't. So, what is a few, anything more than 3. Is he an average person where a can of beer starts dissipating after an hour, maybe yes maybe no. The maybe NO part is the part that gets me hurt if I get in his way. If he is in the category that he drives and shoots after having a "few", at the very least don't be dumb enough to broadcast it and expect everybody to condone it.

300H&H
11-09-2009, 10:48 PM
nothin wrong with havin a few beers while out huntin, those roads get pretty dusty some times

WHAT ? :evil:

YOU THINK ITS OK TO DRINK AND DRIVE OR DRINK AND HUNT ?

IM PICKING ON YOU, BUT REALLY !!!

DRINKING EVEN 1 BEER CAN IMPAIR YOUR JUDGEMENT.

YOU CAN NOT TAKE ANY CHANCE ON POOR JUDGEMENT.

I WOULD NEVER HUNT WITH ANYONE WHO DRINKS BEFOR OR DURRING OUR HUNT.

THEM DRINKING SHOWS A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THOSE THEY HUNT WITH.

300H&H
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM

Im no saint. I have had a drink or 2 while out for dinner.

BUT I never had a gun with me ready to shoot.

BIG difference.

Yes I am being judgemental.

Save the drinking AFTER your done hunting.

Chasinracks
11-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Don't care if somebody drink one or two, just don't throw away your cans on the dirt road, i'm not picking up another one next time dude!

Jelvis
11-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Do az the brewery's say on tv, buy as much of our product as po$$ible plea$e -- and ah oh yah, Please drink responsibly ok -- know thy limit$$$
and don't forget buy $ome more lol --
Jel -- double talk like a politician or a u$ed car $ale$per$on --$$$ --
Hey if you can't tru$t a u$ed car $ale$men, who can you tru$t ?

shoot2kill
11-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Plus the beer bottles break much easier on the road signs while doing 35.
HA AHA HA HA LMAO! thats funny shit!
I don't condone drinking and driving but how many of us here take meds such as heart meds,:( and anti depressants,:wink: and pain killers :tongue:and stuff like that when it says on the bottle "do not operate motor vehicles" ect. ect.

Just trying to stir the pot.:twisted:

Jelvis
11-10-2009, 12:13 AM
That is an excellent point about all the people out there on anti depressants and anti panic and anti anxiety heart, mental, emotional, prescription drugs by the millions. Half loooped on prescription drug medications.
jel -- Shoot or be killed -- a grizz oh o, good thing your on anti-panic$ --
so true blue

Jimr
11-10-2009, 01:34 AM
So , youve found about 50 people that DONT wanna go with you, ....that is what this thread was for wasnt it???????...........:S haha

hunter1947
11-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Having a few beer is ok when your back at camp and the rifle is put away ,good luck finding someone that will hunt with you while you drink and drive.

yzchamp
11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
My offer is still open for this weekend..:)

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I wonder how many guys on here ,have a few beers while trolling with a boat.I would rather hunt with a good guy that can handle a few drinks and knows his limit than some sober idiot .

Darksith
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Im far from being a saint! i just dont condone drinking and driving..simple as that..it was a stupid comment to post as far as im concerned .
Did I ask you for your opinion? Who said I was driving?

Just curious, did you find someone to team up with for the weekend?
Yeah a bunch thanks.

actually while you were busy drinking and driveing there were so many laws passed in Candada that you cant piss without a permit if they wish to enforce them.

look at sect 253 of the CC of C

(Preamble).
Operation while impaired (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fra/C-46/page-6.html#codese:253)
253. (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fra/C-46/page-6.html#codese:253) (1) Every one commits an offence who operates a motor vehicle or vessel or operates or assists in the operation of an aircraft or of railway equipment or has the care or control of a motor vehicle, vessel, aircraft or railway equipment, whether it is in motion or not,

(a) while the person’s ability to operate the vehicle, vessel, aircraft or railway equipment is impaired by alcohol or a drug; or

(b) having consumed alcohol in such a quantity that the concentration in the person’s blood exceeds eighty milligrams of alcohol in one hundred millilitres of blood.

For greater certainty (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fra/C-46/page-6.html#codese:253-ss:_2_)
(2) For greater certainty, the reference to impairment by alcohol or a drug in paragraph (1)(a) includes impairment by a combination of alcohol and a drug.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 253; R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 36, c. 32 (4th Supp.), s. 59; 2008, c. 6, s. 18.

Then look at 254 and 255 :lol: if a an officer wants to throw the book at you they can and it will be the judge that sorts it out on your dime.

and just because you do it does not mean everyone else does and nor does it mean that they will if you keep dismissing the potential ramifications LOL!!

good try though:tongue:
Wow we got a live one here boys. Define the term impared? If I get caught with an open beer while driving whether it be on a back road or through the middle of town I will be given a breathalizer. That will determine whether I am impared or not, if I pass I am not impared and I can drive away, probably with a minor ticket that costs less than a seatbelt ticket. Sometimes though you will recieve a 24 hour suspension, but usually only if you were being an ass to the cop. There are ramifications in everything we do, you get up early for a hunt, but you were up late and now your extra tired, then you aren't paying enough attention driving to your spot and you hit a family on their way to church. That is much more likely than a guy killing someone or himself driving 20km/h on a bare road miles from anyone after or during the consumption of 1 beer.

Iwork for the local highways dept.and have seen the destruction and lifes ruined by people that thought it was ok to have a few drinks and drive..i guess untill it happens to them or somebody they truley care about they will continue to carry on doing it ..
So you never consume any alcohol away from your residence while in the possession of a motor vehicle? And I don't think highways and backroads are the same thing, not even a little. There are always stupid people out there, don't assume I am one of them. I have more smarts than alot of the people calling me out Im guessing, we can compare degrees if you like. Or IQ's, your choice. Im not ignorant, I just know myself and my limits, as we all do everyday of our lives.

" LIKE TO HAVE A FEW BEERS WHILE WE DRIVE" The statement was made, plain and simple. Some people condone it, some don't. So, what is a few, anything more than 3. Is he an average person where a can of beer starts dissipating after an hour, maybe yes maybe no. The maybe NO part is the part that gets me hurt if I get in his way. If he is in the category that he drives and shoots after having a "few", at the very least don't be dumb enough to broadcast it and expect everybody to condone it.
Don't try to manipulate my words. You can take anything you want out of context, I used a few b/c its less letters than a couple, and more common of a term, don't define something of mine for the benifit of your post. I never asked anyone to condone it or to jump all over me for it. I am not the one that took this post from a request for companionship to a moral battle of ethics and law.

WHAT ? :evil:
YOU THINK ITS OK TO DRINK AND DRIVE OR DRINK AND HUNT ?
IM PICKING ON YOU, BUT REALLY !!!
DRINKING EVEN 1 BEER CAN IMPAIR YOUR JUDGEMENT.
YOU CAN NOT TAKE ANY CHANCE ON POOR JUDGEMENT.
I WOULD NEVER HUNT WITH ANYONE WHO DRINKS BEFOR OR DURRING OUR HUNT.
THEM DRINKING SHOWS A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THOSE THEY HUNT WITH.
No need to yell, that shows a lack of respect to all that have to read your capitals! Half the peeps are on your side, no need to make their eyes hurt. Poor judgement is achieved all over the world millions of times a day without the aid of alcohol. Waking up before you get enough sleep can also impair your judgement, so can taking pills for depression b/c your wife left you b/c you were boring. Anyone can always pick apart anything, its all through the eyes of the beholder. Don't worry, if I see you in the bush I will quickly tell you that I have been drinking so you can safely vacate the area and leave me to hunt it in peace.

Im no saint. I have had a drink or 2 while out for dinner.

BUT I never had a gun with me ready to shoot.

BIG difference.

Yes I am being judgemental.

Save the drinking AFTER your done hunting.
Now your just being stupid. Heres why. How many people die each year from hunting accidents involving alcohol, a few Im sure. How many people die from drinking at dinner then driving home? Just a guess but Im gonna safely say that its probably like 1000 times more a year easy. Your car is more dangerous than a gun, and thats proven everyday as more peeps die from driving to work than from being shot. So don't get all preachy with me when you are just as guilty as me for drinking then driving. The difference is I do it on roads that are deserted, you do it on roads that have kids on them.

Don't care if somebody drink one or two, just don't throw away your cans on the dirt road, i'm not picking up another one next time dude!
I am not a litter bug, and I pick up garbage while out hunting, hiking and even swimming in the ocean, so thanks, good work keep it up, if we don't all do our part then the world will go to shit faster than these hippocrits will put their size 12 boot in their mouth.

Having a few beer is ok when your back at camp and the rifle is put away ,good luck finding someone that will hunt with you while you drink and drive.
Thanks, its been easy to do, hope to see you out there.

I wonder how many guys on here ,have a few beers while trolling with a boat.I would rather hunt with a good guy that can handle a few drinks and knows his limit than some sober idiot .
Yuppers, all these critics out here that feel they have a moral obligation to preach to anyone that posts something that they disagree with instead of just "changing the channel" so to speak don't realize that no one really cares what they think, your not gonna change my opinion or anyone elses, but I got time to waste so lets keep this going.

Darksith
11-10-2009, 05:44 PM
it won't let me edit my post. Add we all make calculated decisions everyday at the end of my reply to frenchbars post.

BiG Boar
11-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Are you going to get really really wasted? Or are you going to just have like 5 beer or like a beer? And how much do you weigh? Also, what % is the beer we will be consuming? And who is buying. I mean I am taking you to my secret hidy hole. These are all valid questions if we are going to be hunting partners. I am more of a whiskey guy, also, just incase you are allergic or something.

Th0r
11-10-2009, 05:48 PM
:mrgreen: I knew there was a brain in that Nogen:mrgreen:

Darksith
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Are you going to get really really wasted? Or are you going to just have like 5 beer or like a beer? And how much do you weigh? Also, what % is the beer we will be consuming? And who is buying. I mean I am taking you to my secret hidy hole. These are all valid questions if we are going to be hunting partners. I am more of a whiskey guy, also, just incase you are allergic or something.
If your takin me to your spot, I'll bring the kitchen sink if thats what you want ;)

frenchbar
11-10-2009, 05:59 PM
it won't let me edit my post. Add we all make calculated decisions everyday at the end of my reply to frenchbars post.We all make decisions ..wrong and right ..and no i dont drink and drive .anywhere..its to great a risk to me and my livelyhoood and others..dont let me get to ya:mrgreen: I should of just left it alone..sometimes i should just shut up ....HAVE A GOOD ONE!

300H&H
11-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Ooooo sounds like Darksith is getting all defensive & uptight :tongue:.

Maybe you should PM the Mods to close this thread if you cant handle the heat.
Remember...you started it with your comment about a couple of beers while hunting.

troutseeker
11-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Perspective:

As you stated, the motor vehicle act has a violation ticlet for open liquor in a vehicle, I wonder why? To prevent drinking an driving. Just because you may not be over the legal limit does not mean you are not impaired.

It is high time this country adopts a zero tolerance on driving and alcohol, that means zero alcohol in your system. And some significant penalties such as major fines, seizure and relinquishment of your motor vehicle and some real jail time. Only strong deterents work, our current legal system does nothing to prevent people from drinking and driving.

Darksith
11-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Ooooo sounds like Darksith is getting all defensive & uptight :tongue:.

Maybe you should PM the Mods to close this thread if you cant handle the heat.
Remember...you started it with your comment about a couple of beers while hunting.
What are you talking about, Im not defensive or hot at all. Im loving it, I think I have remained cool headed and on point the entire time. How am I not handling the heat or not being civil?

Jelvis
11-10-2009, 06:05 PM
frenchbar rocks, I'm with yah all the way french, say what you mean, and mean what you say--do what you believe is right and go --
No compromise ---
jelly-bar.

frenchbar
11-10-2009, 06:08 PM
frenchbar rocks, I'm with yah all the way french, say what you mean, and mean what you say--do what you believe is right and go --
No compromise ---
jelly-bar. No regrets jel ..no regrets :wink:

Darksith
11-10-2009, 06:10 PM
As you stated, the motor vehicle act has a violation ticlet for open liquor in a vehicle, I wonder why?
They also have tickets for j walking, not wearing a seatbelt, backing up when unsafe, urinating in public, public nudity, etc etc. Lets not get start to generalize too much here. I don't drink and then get behind the wheel when I am in populated areas, Im not condoning or defending anyone that has caused anyone harm. Im just saying that if you can't have a beer or 2 (depending on the indaviduals limits) when your 50 miles from the nearest paved road then you should only be able to drink while in your home. Society dictates the laws we live by, but society isn't on that backside of that mountain either. Thats all Im trying to get at. Its peeps like you that are blowing this entire hijacked post way out of proportion.

Darksith
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
We all make decisions ..wrong and right ..and no i dont drink and drive .anywhere..its to great a risk to me and my livelyhoood and others..dont let me get to ya:mrgreen: I should of just left it alone..sometimes i should just shut up ....HAVE A GOOD ONE!

you're not getting too me. Whats with you guys, you go on the attack and then get all mushy? I got tough skin, and I will defend my opinions until no one wants to listen anymore. You're all right with me frenchy, theres nothing quite like a good debate.

Fixit
11-10-2009, 06:16 PM
id would join you for a hunt and a few beers, but i just got my whity up there in peachland. some people have mighty big sticks in there butt

frenchbar
11-10-2009, 06:21 PM
you're not getting too me. Whats with you guys, you go on the attack and then get all mushy? I got tough skin, and I will defend my opinions until no one wants to listen anymore. You're all right with me frenchy, theres nothing quite like a good debate.Im not realy the mushy type:mrgreen: i too sometimes speak without realizing the consequences.I could argue with ya till we are blue in the face and are stance on the subject wouldnt change much.Hell i would even buy ya a beer if we ever met ..

Darksith
11-10-2009, 06:25 PM
i too sometimes speak without realizing the consequences.
What consequences? I think Im gonna make a weekly post just to get the old buzzards in here all fired up.

300H&H
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
They also have tickets for j walking, not wearing a seatbelt, backing up when unsafe, urinating in public, public nudity, etc etc. Lets not get start to generalize too much here. I don't drink and then get behind the wheel when I am in populated areas, Im not condoning or defending anyone that has caused anyone harm. Im just saying that if you can't have a beer or 2 (depending on the indaviduals limits) when your 50 miles from the nearest paved road then you should only be able to drink while in your home. Society dictates the laws we live by, but society isn't on that backside of that mountain either. Thats all Im trying to get at. Its peeps like you that are blowing this entire hijacked post way out of proportion.

It seems you are just trying to push your point that because no one else is around it is legal to do what ever (eg. have a couple of beers while hunting).YOU are part of society wheither your down town Kamloops or "on the back side of a mountain". It makes no difference. The law is the law.
I do agree with you that this thread has been hijacked and is way off track. I hope you do find someone you can get out with. Hunting should be shared. But I still dont agree with drinking and hunting.

ufishifish2
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Well written Darksith. Intelligent rebuttal. I give round 2 to you. Pretty good considering it was about 12 against 1. ("can't find the smiley faces on this quick reply, but I'm smilin' foolishly!!")

Kudu
11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Darksith,

It is a good thing you did not go down this path .. .. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/13408.gif could you imagine the farting from the gallery then.....:confused:

I live way too far away to join you at the moment - Sometime in the future perhaps?

After the crap that has been hurled at you by the http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/schaf_2.gif 'ers - I doubt I would hunt with any of them anyway.

Best of luck mate - I trust you will have a great weekend hunting - and be sure to post the pics on here even if you look a little http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/tease.gif afterwards.:mrgreen:

BimmerBob
11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I just can't stand it any longer, lighten up! OMG, too many saints all high and mighty, I don't consume alcoholic beverages when I am driving but I have seen many that do while crawling the back roads and I have never seen anyone hurt by it (well not really hurt anyway, but dirty after a fall out of the truck once!)

I really see the original post from Darksith in the light of "full disclosure", he was trying to let people know what was tolerable or acceptable in his view and if it wasn't in someone elses, then they would know it would not be a good fit to take him up on his request/offer.

I see lots of folks say "no alcohol while hunting" but "alcohol at camp or gutting after the hunt is ok" and I kind of think that is not too smart. I have seen more hunting related injuries from axes, knives and fires than I have ever seen from driving or firearms so what these types are saying does not seem to fit with the "holyier than thou safety becons that they are setting off".

Now as a final comment from me, don't be offended by what I have tried to convey, I am not judging anyone, just asking for some balanced thought on various possibilities. I generally think that everyone that has previously posted has made good points, just the points are pointed from only one direction in some cases.

Cheers to all and to all a good hunt! Bob

yzchamp
11-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Darksith,

It is a good thing you did not go down this path .. .. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/13408.gif could you imagine the farting from the gallery then.....:confused:

I live way too far away to join you at the moment - Sometime in the future perhaps?

After the crap that has been hurled at you by the http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/schaf_2.gif 'ers - I doubt I would hunt with any of them anyway.

Best of luck mate - I trust you will have a great weekend hunting - and be sure to post the pics on here even if you look a little http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/tease.gif afterwards.:mrgreen:

HA HA HA i wanna go hunting with you!!