PDA

View Full Version : Whitetails in Princeton?

MichelD
11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
If you're going to the Princeton area, is it worth it to have a WT tag in your wallet just in case?

stixnstones
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
i only see them right in town and along the river where you cant shoot them anyways. theres a few but i wood not go buy one unless u plan hunting wts some where else at a later date.my two cents.good luck

stitch
11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I hunted princeton this year and didn't even need a mule deer tag.....c ame home empty handed.

ruger#1
11-06-2009, 02:31 PM
The whitetails are north of Princeton. I have seen a few around the AP guest ranch.

snowhunter
11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
I have never seen white-tail deer around the town of Princeton, only mulies and about 3500 hunters every year. I hear about pockets of white-tail deer around the chain lakes, and I can believe that there are white-tail deer around AP guest ranch. I have seen moose up that way as well, just south of Aspen Grove.

3kills
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
yes buy a tag...for the cost of it,its always good to have the just in case tag..look at my brother inlaw this year i buy a white tail tag every year cuz i always want to shoot one this year i shot one he would have had it if he had is tag..and then he didnt have his moose tag and on evenin drivin out of the bush what do we see but a immy

Big Lew
11-06-2009, 03:41 PM
The hills north of Princeton (west of Chain lakes) used to be my main bowhunting area until 2 years ago. The logging reforested areas have grown too thick for high archery success but are still good for rifles. Every year (15 or so) that I hunted this area I saw whitetail, including very large bucks. I have taken several muledeer and whitetail bucks during that time. If I were to be hunting with a rifle, I would still consider hunting my earlier areas, and carry both tags. (healthy bear population as well)

sparkes3
11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
i would not even consider going to princeton without a wt tag

30-06
11-06-2009, 11:09 PM
no muleys,no whiteys,no moose,no elk.....princeton sucks. only thing we have is a mill and mine. no animals

Iron Glove
11-07-2009, 10:57 AM
no muleys,no whiteys,no moose,no elk.....princeton sucks. only thing we have is a mill and mine. no animals

But, a new Coopers in the works !!!
Rumour is that there are lots of white tails between Princeton and Coalmont.
I hope to get out tomorrow.

swampdonkey
11-07-2009, 01:19 PM
But, a new Coopers in the works !!!
Rumour is that there are lots of white tails between Princeton and Coalmont.
I hope to get out tomorrow.there is also lots of moose up champion creek

ruger#1
11-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Just ask the guys with their quads parked at the trading post in Tulameen. Make sure you take a chain saw for the downed trees. Last weekend was windy.