PDA

View Full Version : News from Harrison Lake- West

recon
11-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Took the day off yesterday and hunted the west side of Harrison Lake, took the quad and worked the high cut-blocks past 20 Mile bay. I hiked around a bit down lower closer to the Lake also. Nothing, no signage either.

Probably what many would expected I guess.

recoil
11-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Yes that's region 2 for you. I had the same results last weekend just west of Hope, nothing but some old looking bear and deer sign. At least a grouse happened to walk in front of my quad, he was very plump and juicy.

I think the odds of getting a 4 point in region three is better than getting a "any buck" in region 2.

What say you?

rock
11-05-2009, 09:05 PM
you just have to know where to look, and walk with those legs suprising what you find when you get out of the truck, seen up to date probably 25 bucks in region 2 since the middle of september.

bsa30-06
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
you just have to know where to look, and walk with those legs suprising what you find when you get out of the truck, seen up to date probably 25 bucks in region 2 since the middle of september.

Hey Rock will you tie one to a tree for me.:-D

killerkevin
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Ya know I think it has something to do with all the real thick bush in region 2. I walk alot in different areas and often can only see 10 yards in front of me. So apparently there is still plenty there, but I guess ya gotta really raise your level of awareness.

rock
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Blacktails are hard to hunt because of there terrain, hey Lloyd love to tie one to a tree but can't seem to get close enough, I'll let you know when I do

bsa30-06
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Blacktails are hard to hunt because of there terrain, hey Lloyd love to tie one to a tree but can't seem to get close enough, I'll let you know when I do

good Luck buddy, lookin forward to seeing pictures of another monster.