PDA

View Full Version : two poachers caught

wildthing
11-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Vernon News

http://www.castanet.net/content/1257452337ose.bmp
File photo: Castanet Photo Archive

Another moose killed illegally (http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/50592/Another-moose-killed-illegally)

by Castanet Staff - Story: 50592
Nov 5, 2009 / 12:02 pm

Another moose has been illegally killed in the North Okanagan.

On Monday, a police officer from the Vernon/North Okanagan detachment was out enjoying an evening with friends in the Sugar Lake area near Lumby.

RCMP spokesperson Gord Molendyk says the officer noticed two males loading a mature bull moose into a vehicle.

“The police officer, knowing that the season was closed for mature bull moose in that area, contacted the local conservation officer and then continued to remain in contact with the two males in possession of the moose,” says Molendyk.

He says the moose has been confiscated by the Conservation officers and the two men from Vernon are expected to face charges under the Wildlife Act at a later date.

Conservation officers advise that have been kept busy this fall with numerous complaints of poaching and animals being killed illegally.

knockturnal
11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
I hope they get raked through the coals

pete_k
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Hope the judge makes an example.

wildthing
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
me to these people are just giving the law buying hunters a bad name

NaStY
11-05-2009, 03:34 PM

They aren't hunters, there poachers.

Good to see they got caught too.......

hairy spotter
11-05-2009, 04:02 PM

Law buying? WTF does that mean?

And how many times are people gonna keep saying the same shit "I hope they get raked through coals, made examples of, executed, bla bla bla." I mean seriously people enough of that. Remember, it is the liar who yells loudest how honest he is.

knockturnal
11-05-2009, 04:19 PM

And how many times are people gonna keep saying the same shit "I hope they get raked through coals, made examples of, executed, bla bla bla." I mean seriously people enough of that. Remember, it is the liar who yells loudest how honest he is.

By that statement, you are basically calling us all poachers and liars. There are a few choice words I have for you but I would get banned.

Steeleco
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Play nice gents, we're all supposed to be on the same side??

Jelvis
11-05-2009, 04:39 PM
One moose poacher got 75 days in jail already just a week ago according to the news 75 days in jail in the yukon
Jel maybe here ?

pete_k
11-05-2009, 04:51 PM

You sound defensive.

If someone suggestively accused me of being a liar off the cuff. I would say that person is ignorant. If they did it from behind a computer screen it would be obvious they are also cowardly.

Did I say they should punish the poachers or did I say I was honest?
Your have trouble with comprehension.

Jeffb
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM

Go hug a tree or something dude :)

hairy spotter
11-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Nobody is calling you anything. I am quoting a saying, whether or not applies to you, well, only you know that. The fact is that aphorism exists, and whether or not someone says it to your face or behind a computer changes nothing. And no, I am not defensive at all, nor have trouble with comprehension. But I guess saying something unpopular, which many others are probably thinking, makes me anathema.... whatever.

I think you just missed the point, no offense.

NaStY
11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Time to head out and go hunting guys.

This one is closed..

Please keep your personal beefs to pm's.