PDA

View Full Version : Grouse, Shiitake Mushroom and Whiskey Cream Pasta

wetcoaster
11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I really enjoy this one and hope you will too. It's really simple and plus you get to light it on fire........ anytime you can light something on fire in the house and actually get praise from your wife its just plain worth doing. I love FLAMBE!:mrgreen: Apparetly gives it unique flavour.... don't know about that... maybe someone can shed light on that for us...:confused:

This is really good with or without the grouse so if you get skunked your covered!:wink:

I appologize for the lack of precise measurements where they are absent..... When I cook my dishes are rarely exactly the same twice, there's alot of.... that looks about right, why not throw this in as well, and when in doubt I taste..... Life is full of enough precise nescessary procedures and rules and I enjoy a departure from them when I am cooking....

Grouse, Shiitake Mushroom and Whiskey Cream Pasta

Ingredients:

-Couple Grouse breasts diced
-About 2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms chopped
-some parsley chopped
-finely chopped or crushed garlic (I use 4 fresh cloves..... add more or less depending on how much you like garlic)
-finely diced shallot
-2 Tablespoons Whiskey
-about a Table spoon of olive oil
-Table spoon spoon butter
-1cup whipping style cream
-cracked pepper and salt to taste
-a heap of your favorite pasta (I use linguini most often but any will do....)

Directions:

Set a large pot to boil with some oil and salt for pasta....

Toss the olive oil, garlic, onions, butter and pepper in a seperate nonstick fry pan and cook over medium heat until the onions are 3/4....

Dump in your pasta into the pot with water and get er goin...

back to the pan.... add the diced grouse breast and chopped parsely into the garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes before adding the shiitake mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are the way you like em....

Add the whiskey and simmer for a minute and then light the whole works on fire until the alcohol burns off (I use a barbecue lighter). Now stir in the cream and heat and stir until the mixture has thickened. Add salt to taste.

Your pasta that you have been monitoring should be cooked.... strain it rinse it and dump it back into the pot..... Pour the whiskey cream mixture over it and toss and serve with your favorite side dishes....

I often serve this as a side dish with a small steak, asperagus and garlic bread.... or have it for lunch on a rainy weekend....

Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy!

solanderdog
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
That sounds great; Can't wait to try it!

Tanya
11-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Sounds very nice. May try a chanterelle version.

PGK
11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Five days left, I better go bust a ditch chicken or two. I wanna try this recipe!

PGK
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Busted three big birds this morning, gonna give this a try tonight. Thx!