PDA

View Full Version : Antlerless Moose Draw

hunterofthedeer
11-04-2009, 10:14 AM
My Dad won his very first LEH he put in for. An antlerless moose for December 1-7 in 7-10. I was looking at the Limited Entry regulations, and for every other Limited Entry for cow moose says "cows." Our says antlerless. My question is that do bull moose by the 1st of December shed their antlers. If so would it be legal for us to shoot them. We are going to call a CO anyways to verify, but I figure on this site I could get some valuable information.
Thanks Hunterofthedeer..

Stone Sheep Steve
11-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Since your Dad's draw is for "antlerless" moose that is the only criteria.

Shed antlers or not, the point is moot.......or, in your case, "moose":wink:

SSS

BCrams
11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Some bulls will have dropped their antlers by this time and others will still be packing.

Antlerless is antlerless. If you cannot see antlers, the moose is legal.

kyleklassen
11-04-2009, 10:31 AM
the antlerless draws used to come with a paper that siad that some bulls might be antlerless. it came with the bag and instructios for sending in the uterus.

hunterofthedeer
11-04-2009, 11:51 AM
We got no paper about bulls and no bag for the uterus. In the LEH regs it says
"Hunters are required to submit a front incisor tooth, the complete reproductive tract and a kidney
including the attached fat to the Ministry of Environment, 4051 18th Avenue, Prince George within 5
days of the kill."
Nothing about it having to be a cow.

kyleklassen
11-04-2009, 01:18 PM
it was several years ago for late cow draws in reg 6.

hunterofthedeer
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
it was several years ago for late cow draws in reg 6.
We did just get that thing in the mail. It says we can shoot cow moose,calf male or female or a bull that has shed its antlers,but it said usually bull over the age of ten shed their antlers by then. We did get a bag in the mail too thanks for everyones resopnses!