PDA

View Full Version : mulies in the rain

buckwild76
11-04-2009, 06:36 AM
anyone have any experience or information on deer movement while it's raining? Do they tend to hole up and bed down till it's done or is it just business as usual? Jelvis give me some wisdom.

5 spike
11-04-2009, 06:45 AM
I always had luck hunting mulies in the rain. they almost always move around in the rain. i like it when there is a light rain with a little breeze oh man i love those days.

frenchbar
11-04-2009, 06:47 AM
They love the rain ..

hunter1947
11-04-2009, 07:53 AM
When its pounding down with rain thats the time to hunt them.

Stresd
11-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Business as usual. I remember one particular buck in Anderson Crk. Wind howling and driving rain standing on a steep hill in a open cutblock feeding, right beside the road. Miserable weather! And the rain never affected the lovely flavour of his Chops.:wink:

BCrams
11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Rain. I'm usually out hunting (out of the truck in the rain) when everyone else is either at home or sitting in their trucks. Great time to hunt.

Big Lew
11-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Business as usual. I remember one particular buck in Anderson Crk. Wind howling and driving rain standing on a steep hill in a open cutblock feeding, right beside the road. Miserable weather! And the rain never affected the lovely flavour of his Chops.:wink:
Most heartedly agree! Business maybe even better than usual. I too, have taken nice bucks from the Anderson Crk. watershed during heavy wind and rain days. Also saw a large bull moose, but had no tag.(not as pleasant to gut and pack out by yourself though)

buckwild76
11-04-2009, 09:57 PM
thanx for the feedback guys, I wasn't to sure what to expect in those kind of conditions. Going on a day trip to my spot on friday and it is supposed to rain pretty hard there, so hopefully i can see a big boy!

M.Dean
11-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I think I've seen more large bucks during crappy rainy weather. If your hunting in the rain, take some thing to dry your scope and bino's with. I keep a couple small cloths in my pockets to clean them so I can see properly. Sure pee's you off when you lift up your soggy bino's to glass that big buck and all you see is a blur!!! Good Luck!

300win
11-04-2009, 10:46 PM
RAINY RUTTING WEATHER thats the best time!!!!!!!!!!

35 Whelen
11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I would never have believed any of the above statements until one day a few years back. Buddy and I went out it was absolute CRAP....snow, sleet then pissing rain. I saw more deer that day, mulies and whites.....shot our two and back in time for a steaming hot bacon and egg breakfast.

We looked like two drowned rats sitting there in our wool....steaming as we ate and drank our coffee.....LOL

buckwild76
11-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Good idea on the cloth for the binos, I think I will keep my rubber bikini on my scope until I need to put the crosshairs on something.

Bud
11-05-2009, 06:44 PM
its the best time to hunt, more cover noise, keeps your scent down around you and it doesn't bother the deer like the wind does,I like hunting when its windy as well but the deer are pretty jumpy.

ratherbefishin
11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't know about mulies in the rain, but blacktails are often found bedded down on open mossy rocks in the rain

d6dan
11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't know about mulies in the rain, but blacktails are often found bedded down on open mossy rocks in the rain

Mulies are the same, we used to hunt them on shitty days. Snowing,blowing and raining hard. You'll find them in the open areas.