PDA

View Full Version : Coquihalla Alpine?

Alpine Addict
11-03-2009, 10:30 PM
So this saturday im debating wether or not to hike into some alpine that I know that is up the coquihalla. I've seen alot of sign there and know a friend who has seen bucks up there early season. I know there will be quit a bit of snow but was wondering if the bucks would still be hanging around? I beleive its about 6000ft.

Thanks

AA

Allen50
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
snow does not bother big bucks, they live high all most all the time, i just came over the coquihalla on monday and there is very little snow, might be a bit more now, there is none here in logan lake at the moment, so if i were you with time i would be up there hunting, it,s the right time there moveing, saw 10 does and fawns in the past few days,, so get out, don,t wast time thinking about it,,good luck,,

Steeleco
11-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Last Saturday we were in the hills south of the Coq lakes. There was 6" of snow above 5000' and it was snowing pretty good. There was one area in particular where we found tons of sign.

But then on the way down, at below 4200' we bumped into a donkey with antlers :wink: So in the end it's up the individual critter.

Brew
11-04-2009, 07:22 AM
I have not been up there this late in the season but those hills are crawling with bucks in the early season. Even saw moose tracks in a couple of the alpine swamps. I'm thinking of heading up somewhere around there too.

30-06
11-04-2009, 08:06 AM
beem up there the last few weekends (back way from tulameen) havent see a whole lot. one decent moose and some loggers

Big Lew
11-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Don't know from where you would start, but my brother and I have walked in from the Anderson Crk. logging system, up into the alpine and could look down onto the Coq. hwy. Saw fair amount of sign from big bucks but only does that day. It was very sunny, and in the middle of oct. with no snow. I don't know how badly the side road is bushed in now though.

snareman1234
11-04-2009, 10:10 AM
lol so I guess you arent going to darrens's stag haha

jjensen20
11-04-2009, 05:52 PM
I have never seen a deer in any alpine after Oct. 15. Great for early season though!

dunbartr
11-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I have never seen a deer in any alpine after Oct. 15. Great for early season though!

I agree. Especially now. Find the does... look a little harder = find the bucks.

I've been working down in the North Kettle (monashee) and haven't seen a mulie (or many tracks) in weeks. 40+cm of snow at 1500m there now.