PDA

View Full Version : Weekend huntn

benbeckoutfitters
11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey fellas
was out this weekend lookn for that damn elusive 4-21 leh moose. was up in the lussier and stumbled on to my moose......exxxxxccceepppt some one(s) had got to it a little earlier than me...we had gotten to a little vantage point and we were looking down on to the lussier river and i spotted something dark down in the river brush...as i got real excited it turned and showed me her big nose and enormous nose...yup g-bears a sow and im guessn a 2 year old cub...she was a toad.....somehow she knew we were there within a minute of spotting her...she then left the cub behind and dissapeared. About a minute later we found her again peering through some brush all we could see the the spotter was her eyes, nose and a little bit of her head...sneaky bitch. unfortunately no pics but does anyone have any idea about where i can find one of these swamp donkeys?? are they up higher or lower orrr what???id like to get this over so i can get back to muleys as we only have another two weekends...thankks

riflebuilder
11-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Shiras moose will be high, the ones we got this year were al high in the back end of drainages. We just got up high and glassed till we spoted them and then put on the stalk. good luck with your hunt

hunter1947
11-04-2009, 05:09 AM
I find that you can find them anywhere at this time of the year ,just keep glassing and pounding the slashes you will get lucky.

sawmill
11-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Check out Bummers flats by Ft Steele.

Everett
11-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Try off Larson Lake road I have seen a few in there in past years.

benbeckoutfitters
11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
ya were headn up the wildhorse this weekend not many clearings on the high side of that place soooo lol guess well seee thanks guys