PDA

View Full Version : muck boots

steelheadSABO
11-03-2009, 04:17 PM
how many of you have used muck boots if so how do you like them would they be warm and dry in minus 40 or so weather thanks

BearStump
11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
i've used a par of muck boots for about 2 yrs now and I like them alot for the price.
on a hot sept day they're too hot though, your feet sweat and your socks get soaked.
coldest weather that I've used 'em in was -18 and they were good, my feet were fine.
Longest walk was about 16 km and by the end my feet were DONE. but I was surprised at how comfy they were for quite a while.
had to drag a bear out of 18" of water last month and was glad to be wearing them.
I like them, If I could afford the $450 danners I'd gladly buy them, but I'll probably buy another pair of muck boots.

steelheadSABO
11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
my north face snow cats are warm and comfy but any snow deeper than about 8 inches my feet will be wet and cold

Rod
11-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I have used them down to about -15 while hunting on foot and they were plenty warm. When it comes to sitting on a stand they don't cut it and my feet ended up cold.

The biggest drawback was that I destroyed a pair after guiding 2 ten day hunts last fall, the neoprene uppers just doesn't stand up to harsh treatment.

Big7
11-03-2009, 10:03 PM
For a "rubber boot" they're great...as mentioned above, they are waterproof so expect sweating and damp socks after use...buy a boot dryer as they are a pain to dry without.
Used mine tons for hunting and work and they are good. They are lightyears ahead of regualar rubber boots for comfort and are fairly durable but (again) as stated above, they will get holes in them eventually as they are just rubber and neoprene and are pleanty warm in cold weather as long as you are moving.