PDA

View Full Version : Savona?

ratherbefishin
11-03-2009, 08:39 AM
anybody been hunting mulies around Deadman creek in the SAVONA area yet? It could be pretty good when the mulies moved down from higher elevations.

4 point
11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I was high up in 3-29 the other day and there wasn't much deer sign. Although the snow up top wasn't really deep enough to push them out west and down they are proabbly already heading that way.

ratherbefishin
11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
yah,they are either there or they aren't-I think there are a few resident deer, but not many.Maybe in a week or two they'll be there.Haven't hunted there for a few years, but we were seeing some moose sign too.Not sure if any whitetails are in that area

HighCountry
11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
I just went there last week no sign of deer coming down yet.

444marlin
11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Was in the Savona area 10 days ago. Fair number of local deer. Bucks were coming out the bush just at dark heading for the alfalfa fields.

ratherbefishin
11-03-2009, 11:22 AM
whats the logging like up there now?-I used to hunt up on top,and one year mid november the mulies were in and it was full rut -we got three 4 point bucks in one day-never had a hunt like that before or since

Jelvis
11-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Need big snow up top to bring the deer down, no snow yet tho, I can see Savano mt from my yard. Duffy Lake and Dairiy Lakes and up yet -- high as 5000 ft til the big dump of cold white truth -
November rain -
Jelvano -- Sabaston Creek deer widespread right now not concentrated yet

Darksith
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Ive never seen any deer up deadman at all, seen lots of campers there hoping to see one, but don't know anyone that has taken any large deer out of there. There are a few white tails there, but nothing of size either.

Jelvis
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I guess a little mixed up saying Savona, then Deadman should be
Savona Indian Gardens or Deadman Criss Creek or Deadman-Scottie etc
Deadman Vidette for instance get the trick see the pick ?
Jelly Savona-Tunkwa-Durand-SixMile-Pat Lake-Walachin Warrior -Ashcroft