PDA

View Full Version : Fort st. John

Brett
11-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey guys/gals I've got some time off next week and have the opportunity to hunt just north of FSJ on some fields for deer. I've never been there before and was wondering if there is snow on the ground? Are there a lot of deer there? , I'm going for sure, just looking for some or any pointers on hunting fields I guess, never done it before.
Thanks

leadpillproductions
11-02-2009, 10:09 PM
chetwynd has some snow ....

moosinaround
11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Watch the wind, and sit still. So dress warm and take your Ghillie suit, or if there is snow, some white camo. Glass, and glass, and glass. Remember the deer will be looking out into the field before they commit, and they are looking for any movement that is not natural. When I was hunting deer by Tomslake 10 years ago we watched some big bucks come out into the fields, and they came out of the thickest ugliest shit out there. Spooked them with the reflection off of the binos!:icon_frow Be patient the big guys are out there. Good luck, wish I could go!! Moosin

bridger
11-02-2009, 10:29 PM
we have about six or seven inches of snow presently, but temp is supposed to hit plus 7 in the next few days so who knows. deer are spotty north of town, but north of town up here is several thousand square miles so the answer is yes lots of deer in some areas north of town. our mule deer population is about 50% of what is was three or four years ago. hunting mule deer up here is probably easier than any place in the province due to the large agricultural areas.

KBR
11-02-2009, 10:30 PM
about 8" of snow and minus 4

srosscoj
11-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Try the D C P someone should know what they stand for. I was there a month ago. lots of game

Brett
11-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Dcp ?? .....