PDA

View Full Version : Chek-Mate Bows Back on Line !!!!!!!

greybark
11-02-2009, 09:22 PM
:razz: Just talked to owner and operater Marc . They are now in production and running at 80% , in two weeks he expects to be at 100% .
He has cleaned up stock with slight blemishs and very good deals are available .
If you go thru a local bowshop you have the advantage of advice and fitting as prices would be the same and most times better .
:idea: As always I recommend the TakeDown Hunter 11 as the olympic style riser and it`s mass is very forgiving and easy to learn on .
Their e-mail is longhairbowyer@hotmail.com
Cheers

Evolution
12-12-2009, 07:58 AM
I wonder if Marc could fit my 59# TDHunter with 35-40# limbs so my wifey could shoot it.

greybark
12-13-2009, 06:10 PM
:-D Hey Evolution , He certainly can and he has a good selection of older blemishs that would very reasonably priced . Be patient and persistant with your e-mails .
Cheers

oldtimer
12-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Ken do you recommend a recurve or a longbow for someone starting out? Mike

greybark
12-13-2009, 06:33 PM
:-D Hey Oldtimer , Well Mike it depends who that someone is:tongue:.
Cheers

greybark
12-13-2009, 08:25 PM
:wink: Hey Mike , Definitely the Recurve . Smoother to draw with less wall buildup . More mass , weight and the hand fit of the riser helps to stabilize the bow for more consistant groups . Very little hand shock compared to most longbows . A take down recurve allows one to upgrade to stronger limbs if desired at reasonable cost . The close to centershot riser will comfortably launch up to a 15Lb spine variation in arrows .
:wink: Try to choose an "Olympic" style riser like Chek-Mates TD Hunter 2 for the forgiveness factor as an aid against hand torque .
:tongue: Lastly the most important reason of all is that I shoot one:tongue:
Cheers Mike and Merry Christmas to "your Clan" .

oldtimer
12-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks Ken I appreciate the info in case I ever "go to the dark side" Mike