PDA

View Full Version : broadhead target

Brew
11-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey guys I have a target that I have used for years but it is only made for field points. Broadheads get stuck. My bow had lots of power but now I bought a new excalibur equinox and I need a cheep alternative for shooting broadheads and stopping them. I dont want to spend money on the block or the blackhole targets just something cheap

BimmerBob
11-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Here is what I have found to work really well. Get a bunch of barrel bags (the ones you put in a 45 gallon drum) and scrunch them up and put them in one bag (until it is full of the scrunched up ones), paint your target on the bag and shoot away. Alternatively you could use one barrel bag and fill it with vapour barrier plastic scrunched up.

The first time I saw this I could not beleive it would stop the bolt, but it does almost instantly. You can shoot it nearly forever and when it is too ratty you can just put all the scrunched up bags in a new outer one and start again.

Good luck with it, Bob

hunter1947
11-03-2009, 05:41 AM
I make my own target out of cardboard and carpet.

Bowzone_Mikey
11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I go to the hot tub place in town and get them to spray the polyurathane(like monofoam but better) insulation into a big bag (like the drum bag mentioned above)
let it set up and Bobs yer uncle ....

I find bgs etc for broadheads to be a PITA because of the rotation of the arrow wraps the plastic crap around my arrow shaft and makes them a bitch to pull ...Foam is much better IMHO

M@B
11-10-2009, 10:11 AM
extruded foam works good too. get the 4" thick stuff and put two of them together so it's 8" thick. it'll stop the arrow fine and more often then not the broadhead is sticking out the other side so you can take it off and pull the arrow out.

Kudu
11-11-2009, 12:58 PM
If you do decide to buy a commercial one - buy "The Block" - bloody brilliant I tell you!!

I have probably hit mine with more than 500 heads (while practising) - still standing and still working.