PDA

View Full Version : Me and my boy

bear buster
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Took my 4 year old out for a deer hunt on sunday, we had a blast. Could have taken a doe out of the 50 or so we seen, past on 4 drcent mule bucks, and seen 2 decent whitetails at about 500 yards. We have also been seeing a good sized blackbear, but passed on him aswell, teaching my boy you can't always shoot just because you see it. I have alot of pics of the bear, everynight we see him at 20 to 100 yards eating the oats. We made short work in getting our limit in ruffys and sharptails all in all the day was good. Helpled and elderly gentle man drag his buck across a small field, was very interesting to say the least, he had an open sighted .308, and from where the blood started to the cutline where he shot from was about 175-200 yards? buck went about 30 feet, hell of a shot for the old guy, he was 74! Posted some pics of our adventure on photobucket, and some of the bear, is he a shooter? Oh yeah one more thing, check out the pics of what a moose did to a pipeline sign and a telephone box. Thanks, Carson
http://photobucket.com/carsonbeaulieu

KB90
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Looks like an awesome day out with your son! I got distracted looking at your rack pics though :)

dutchie
11-02-2009, 09:44 PM
looks like you guys had a a good time. I like the pic of him stareing down the doe from out of the truck and him holding up the Grouse!!

Dutchie

hillclimber
11-03-2009, 04:17 PM
some nice pics. the one with your boy looking at the doe and the other 2 with your kids holding the squirrel you should send in to bc outdoors magazine.