PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Region 5 Mule Deer

Robert_G
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Now that hunting season is coming into the late stages and any buck season is over...I'm interested to hear some comments on the changes for this year and how everyone did.

Did less hunters go into Region 5 for mule deer?
Was the hunting more difficult during Oct?
Were less or more deer sited (both does and bucks)?

My thoughts are that I can see the point of shutting down the any buck season in Nov, but why it was shut down in September is beyond me. Region 5 has always had an any buck season starting on Sept 10th.

Comments are welcome....

KB90
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I didn't have a problem with it at all. There was still plenty of time to get out there and get a small buck. We seen quite a few deer I'm not about to say whether it was less or more cause I'm not sure. And i find hunting in October better anyways the leaves start to fall and you can see better in the bush, and a little bit cooler weather. I personally never shot a small buck but had several different opportunities to do so.

I think the biggest change is only 1 buck, normally I would have shot a little guy but not anymore cause then your season is done. It doesn't bother me though, I have got a doe draw and have for 5 years straight.

Just my 2 cents.