PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunting Pack???

4point&over
11-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Guys I've got a question for you about packs. I'm heading to a Bass Pro down south tomorrow and am planing on picking up a new back pack for deer hunting. I'm looking for a light day pack with a water bladder. Something that I can stuff a heavy jacket in when I'm hiking and otherwise just pack the essentials. I don't need it for packing meat or anything like that. Any suggestions?

pappy
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
I went to wallymart and got one of those backpack/folding seats and pulled the cheap pack off and put an asolo day pack on. It works well and is small enough to hike through the timber with.

Dutch Ppoacher
11-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Badlands superday, pricy, but worth it.

i have an old model of it and love it for hunting in the timber and walkin. big enough to pack first aid, extra ammo, flash light plastic bags.... etc.

i think the new ones have a water bladder, mine didn't i just bought one and figured out how to make it work!

lots to choose from budget is your limiting factor

frenchbar
11-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Badlands 2800 lots of room for jackets and gear and big enough to stuff meat in if need be .i like mine alot.

recon
11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Badlands Monster Fanny Pack- Wicked Pack.

It's basically military web gear, everything you need, nothing you dont.

Akula
11-02-2009, 07:12 PM
The Eberlestock X1, I've got the "Gunslinger" pack which is a bit bigger. It has everything that you need in a good day pack.

http://eberlestock.com/introducing_the_x__project.htm

paulo
11-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Badlands 2800 as well. Yes pricey but well worth it. You should always try to buy the best that you can afford. Usually we never get as much time in the field as we like so the time spent out there should be as enjoyable as possible. Quality gear can make sure of that.

Ubertuber
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I have a Badlands Superday, it's uber comfortable, carry's a lot, and has a hydration system. That said, the packs mentioned up above are great too, absolutly nothing wrong with them. It depends what you're looking for.
My advice is to spend a little extra and buy one that you want, don't compromise.

husky30-06
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
i take a hunting buddy younger then me!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Remmy
11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Eberlestock....My son has the J107 Dragonfly and I have the Halftrac absolutely bullet proof packs.

bruin
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Badlands superday, pricy, but worth it.

i have an old model of it and love it for hunting in the timber and walkin. big enough to pack first aid, extra ammo, flash light plastic bags.... etc.

i think the new ones have a water bladder, mine didn't i just bought one and figured out how to make it work!

lots to choose from budget is your limiting factor

--------------X2

Devilbear
11-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Mystery Ranch 3-Day Assault Pack or Bighorn in foliage colour.

Kifaru Late Season or Siwash, Gen 2, if you buy new.

Black's Creek Canadian, Alaskan or the new Barbarian.

Mystery Ranch NICE Frame-Crew Cab.