PDA

View Full Version : WT Doe Estrous scent work?

pete_k
10-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Anyone here with stories? Successes or failures?
Is this stuff a gimick?

Nooker77
10-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Well I always use them BUT I think there more of a cover sent! I've tried them all. I've had big and small bucks walk right past my scents and not miss a beat!! I have alot more luck with a good grunt tube! That said I still use doe scent waiffers when I'm out with the bow!!:twisted:

Brian011
10-31-2009, 06:22 PM
I've used many variations of scent during the rut, it definately has worked for me a couple times. Mostly I spray it along a narrow open that sit and wait so that if a buck walks through and smells the scent on the ground it give me a few more seconds to get a good look and a shot at a buck passing through. My dad had a big buck leave a group of does close by to investigate the scent that he put out. And once while using a scent wafer that you hang in a tree, we had a little buck going crazy running in and out of the open smelling all around.
One year I cut the scent gland off a buck that I shot and hung those up and had a smaller buck come right in within 20 yards.
So I think under the right conditions it can be useful to use scent. I've also heard of guys putting scent on a rag and tied it to their boots to drag while walking and then back tracked where they walked. Everyone has different views on it I would say try it and see if you have any luck

dukester
10-31-2009, 07:16 PM
use it alott in Sask it works very well near scrape lines..

hunter1947
11-01-2009, 05:51 AM
I look at it this way if you do put on WT doe scent you have nothing to loose only to gain :wink:.

LIVE2HUNT
11-01-2009, 12:39 PM
I hunt mulies in region 3 & 5. Last year I tried every scent stick I could find with no results. I tried #1 doe estrus collected from whitetail does. I left the bottle where I dropped the scent because it smelled so strong. About 6 hours later a 3 x 4 came running, nose down, to my scent pile, and he fell on the empty bottle. It works man!

knighthunter
11-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I used to use it in Mb, mine came in a liquid in a bottle. I would pour a bit on a cloth and tie in to my boot, that way I would leave a scent trail wherever I walked, keeping a close eye on my back trail. worked many times.

pete_k
11-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I hunt mulies in region 3 & 5. Last year I tried every scent stick I could find with no results. I tried #1 doe estrus collected from whitetail does. I left the bottle where I dropped the scent because it smelled so strong. About 6 hours later a 3 x 4 came running, nose down, to my scent pile, and he fell on the empty bottle. It works man!

a 3x 4 is pretty convincing evidence.
#1 Doe Estrus. Is this a brand? Cdn Tire, WalMart?

MRoy10
11-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Ever tried tinks 69 buck lure love the commercial and the stuff works great on whiteys.

Mtn Man
11-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Last year I had a small two point, sniff the end of my barrel, as i had put a couple drops on the end of it, and he had come in from about 40 yards, never spooked or anything, slowly just carried on his way. I say it works well.

Jelvis
11-01-2009, 02:06 PM
One hunter I knew from the Langley area who is a dentist, wheres moose scent when hunting deer -- Moose scent when hunting deer I gasped and spitted while frowning in disgust, I said to him why would a hunter use moose scent when hunting for deer ?
He looked at me with a rather happy smile and said Hey Jelly Beanster,
---" Better to smell like a moose than a dentist," lol, lmao rotffl and yah-
Oh he got me good on that occasion lol - I still get a red face over that one.
Jelly - smell like a wild ungalate not like dentist lmao --- so true too --