PDA

View Full Version : Quad hunting in the am

ROM
10-31-2009, 05:17 AM
Hi folks:

Could I trouble someone to post where in the regs it says one can't hunt with a quad in the morning? I was thinking about getting a quad but I want to iron this out first.
Thank in advance.

R

Shooter
10-31-2009, 05:21 AM
You would have to look through every specific area. Vehicle restrictions are area specific. Check your areas and if they aren't restricted at all go for it.

Canadian Dad
10-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Isn't that an Alberta hunting regulation?
BC regs just mention loaded rifles on motorized vehicles (NOT allowed) and vehicle prohibited areas.

KB90
10-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Isn't that an Alberta hunting regulation?
BC regs just mention loaded rifles on motorized vehicles (NOT allowed) and vehicle prohibited areas.

No in some areas in BC you can't use a four wheeler at all for hunting, and some you can't use one till after 10am.

gameslayer
10-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Quote "Isn't that an Alberta hunting regulation?
BC regs just mention loaded rifles on motorized vehicles (NOT allowed) and vehicle prohibited areas." Quote

No that is incorrect like shooter states it is MU specific. Figure out where you want to Hunt look up the regs for that MU. If you are still unclear as to the area call the nearest CO office and tell them the land marks nearest your destination and they will guide you. Can be tough to get hold of them but I am guessing the regs will spell it out for you..

ufishifish2
10-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Turned down 3 bucks this morning while sitting on my quad. Please don't tell anyone though!

M.Dean
10-31-2009, 12:47 PM
I was hunting in 7-58 a few years ago, we took quads with us for hunting. Some guy stopped me as I was returning to camp the first day, he gave me the lecture on reading the Reg's and following the rules about the quad restrictions! So, I kind of agreed with him, yes I was a dick for riding my quad at first light, happy to see you guys don't ride until 10am, good bye sir!!! I rode the quad every day, rode past there camp each time before day break!!! A few days later I was stopped by the CO's at around 9am, they checked my gun, asked if I was seeing any game etc. I asked them if they see many quads around in the morning? No they said, most people read the Regs wrong and think all the roads and trails are restricted, by it's only the Designated Trails marked out in the map, also there is a elevation ban. My point being, read the Regs, and if in doubt, e-mail a CO and they will tell you yes or no! What MU are you hunting? Post it and we all can check it.

ape
10-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Just an example from region 7A

regional maps):

ATVs for Hunting Closed Areas

The operation of ATVs (including motorcycles)

for the purpose of hunting, to

transport wildlife, to transport firearms

or equipment and supplies which are

intended for or in support of hunting,

or to transport hunters to or from the

location of wildlife is prohibited in these

areas.

MUs 7-7 to 7-15

4:30 am to 8:00am from Aug. 15 - 31

5:30 am to 9:00am from Sept. 1 - 30

6:30 am to 10:00am from Oct. 1 to

Nov. 15