PDA

View Full Version : Area 8-12 Rut?

MOOSE MILK
10-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Called a buddy in Beaverdell this mornin' and he figgures that the white tail rut is over. Anyone have any thoughts, I kinda think that it hasent started yet. I was figurin' on goin' over in the next week.

pete_k
10-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Good question. I've been looking into that myself. We plan on heading out the last week of rifle season.

It is said that a sharp drop in temperature and shorting of daylight
hours may trigger a rut. Not scientificaly proven,.just a theory.

We have enjoyed(?) below seasonal temps out here this fall. So that may have triggered an early rut.

On the other hand. October 30 of 2009 has more or less the same amount of daylight as all previous October 30's. That being said, the rut should be the same time every year if it's triggered by hours of daylight.

Then again. Any doe that does not breed during the main rut will come into estrous again 28 days later. There will always be post rut.

Should make for interesting hunting. I'm going to try rattling this year.

It's my first time hunting this late. A buddy of mine has always been successful during the last week of rifle season for wt.

There should be a few bucks around.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-31-2009, 04:01 AM
Your buddy sounds like a yanker-wanker:roll:....or maybe a Moose-Milker:-P.

SSS

Ruger4
10-31-2009, 06:14 AM
Over ?
tell him to go back to sleep , we"ll wake him when its over !!:razz:

MOOSE MILK
10-31-2009, 08:16 AM
Ya I thought so I'll be headin' out next week for 10 days or so, will try a bit of rattlin'

.300WSMImpact!
10-31-2009, 09:19 AM
mule deer rut soon, but WT is like mid november, not over it is pre rut right now they are just locating the does, easy to mistake tho

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-31-2009, 09:38 AM
X2,

but I find the rut will kick in if we have a good snowfall and cooler temps. We got the early snow, but havent seen any sign of the rut in whiteys yet. Havent been into much muley country lately to see what they are doing.... Maybe tomorrow.

MCA

mule deer rut soon, but WT is like mid november, not over it is pre rut right now they are just locating the does, easy to mistake tho

MuleyMadness
10-31-2009, 10:35 AM

Well I dunno about in your area but around here muley rut usually peaks Nov 10 - 20 (and I have found that trending more towards the end of Nov the last few years). WT always seem to be getting itchy earlier then the muley's, but I guess that could all be put down to regional differences, who knows.