PDA

View Full Version : Folding Cot Recommendations

msawyer
10-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello all..

Any advice on which brand and/or style of folding cot to buy? If you can tell me why you like the cot, what it cost and where you would recommend buying it, It would be appreciated.

Best regards

Mike
________
Mercedes-Benz 230 history (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_230)

Ltbullken
10-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Check the Cabela's and No-Sale Sports catalogues ... I mean Wholesale Sports. You'll spend anywhere from $50 - $100 depending on how sturdy you want it. No real recommendations but do get yourself a thermarest or insulation pad to sleep on because cold air underneath you is no fun no matter how good your sleeping bag! :-( TRUST ME!!

BlacktailStalker
10-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I have the deluxe (wide) from cabelas with their foam roll out and gun sling/accessory hang thing for the side, I look forward to sleeping on it every year with my big heavy canvas woods bag.
My brother has one thats almost identical made by outbound I believe, it seems a bit sturdier.

lip_ripper00
10-30-2009, 05:35 PM
The cot I have I picked up at skyway sports in surrey it has lasted me well for the last 6 years it's made by TREKK. In past years I would put an 3" foam on top and would be good, this year I picked up a 1 1/2 KING SIZE memory foam from Wallmart folded in half and I tell you I have never slept so good away from home. The memory foam is so comfortable and insulates so well;-)

mark
10-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I bring a 3' x 6' piece of plywood, cut 5 -16" blocks of wood, (level it out) roll out a thick foamy.
Super cheap, sturdy, and comfy!

Stresd
10-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Four of us, all purchased the $60 folding cot from Canadian tire over 5 years ago, for use in the Wall Tent.(Coleman??i'd have to check) I notice this falll that they were still selling the same model. No complaints from anyone in our group. The largest user being 6'4'' and he has back issues. I found very comfortable & durable and would buy again.

Elkaddict
10-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Using a cot identical to the Cabela outfitter XL, bought from another outdoor store south of the border. It was around 100 U.S. Very roomy and very comfortable. The spreader bars on both ends keep the nylon tight so you aren't trapped in the middle like a hammock. As stated above, in late season use it with a foamy or thermarest to keep some heat in. I sleep way better than on the old plywood bunks we used to use. No more sore hips in the middle of the night.

frenchbar
10-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I bring a 3' x 6' piece of plywood, cut 5 -16" blocks of wood, (level it out) roll out a thick foamy.
Super cheap, sturdy, and comfy!
nothing beats a 6 inch foamy ..i hate sleeping on a cot.

pappy
10-31-2009, 09:27 AM
x 2 on the colman from crappy tire. it was around fifty bucks and seams to thinner than alot of other cots folded up. More room for when traveling.

ultramafic
10-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Got mine at COSTCO last summer. It was around 80-90 bucks, the thing folds down pretty well good and sturdy and is frickin huge.

The only problem is that COSTCO only has stuff like this in the summer and may never carry that same item again.

mike

Greenfields
11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Check JYSK.....I know I know...trust me they have some pretty random camping stuff dirt cheap.

GoatGuy
11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I've got a bunch of those outbound cots. They're nice and long so the feet don't hang off the end. They work OK, seem to have to be replaced every couple of years as the fabric tears.

huntcoop
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Cabelas Outfitter XL