PDA

View Full Version : Thanks SRupp & Dennis!

Little Hawk
10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
If it's at all possible for a couple of guys to pick two entirely different spots hundreds of miles apart in our beloved province that were more devoid of game or even sign of game, sadly, we managed to do that this year. The absense of any - any at all - animals in both our hunts was erie...

Regardless that we were unsuccessful in both the EK south of Fairmont Hotsprings (Elk & WT) and in the Chilko Lk/Taseko R. area (LEH/Moose), I would like to take a moment to send out a well deserved THANKS to both Steven Rupp in Williams Lk and Dennis at the Husky Truck Stop in Cache Creek. The chance to meet you both and the way you made buddy Ray and I feel so welcome was a thoroughly enjoyable experiance.

What can I say about a guy like Steve who - after inviting us into his home and meeting with us in person for less than an hour or so offers - sincerely - to come and help us haul out our moose with his quad if we shot one, 150-miles or so out in the Taseko backcountry.

You are a class act Steve and I owe you!

srupp
10-30-2009, 01:19 PM
:oops: its been one of those years for a lot of folks..had 3 calls before lunch all from guys asking what the hell is up,,, wolves everywhere and not much game...

Even an exceptional hunter from this site had trouble finding a big buck and settled for a meat buck...not much game moving...not much at all..

Your welcome..it was nice to meet you guys and share a few laughs and some information on your area...not the "best " choice but still a tag..

cheers

Steven