PDA

View Full Version : 8-08 leh moose

toyordie
10-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey guys

I got lucky this is my first year hunting and I drew a bull moose for region 8 08 nov1-30 I have never shot any big game, dont know really where to start looking I bought a call and I will be trying that, I am wondering if anybody could point me in a decent direction for a moose as I would really appreciate any helpul tips at all. I was told to try arond kathleen mountain so I will definatly walk in there and try some calling, anywhere else I could try thanks alot. hopefully I will post some pics soon with any luck

P.s here's my newbie joke
What does a gynecologist and a pizza delivery boy have in common,

they can both smell it but can't eat it

Stone Sheep Steve
10-30-2009, 12:34 PM
You can also try the Headwaters/Cresent Lk area. Kathleen/Glen
Lk is a good place to start.

Thanks for the joke but it made me hungry....just not sure for what??:-?

SSS

GoatGuy
10-30-2009, 12:44 PM
You can also try the Headwaters/Cresent Lk area. Kathleen/Glen
Lk is a good place to start.

Sound advice.

Find tracks, follow them and find moose.

doubled
10-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Snow is there, easy to see if they are there. Don't waste time if you do not see tracks, cover ground.

sparkymacker
10-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Congratulations, that is a coveted LEH. I was lucky enough to get that one a few years ago and ended up getting a Bull less than an hour from my house. As previously mentioned I would concentrate on the Headwaters area, I have seen quite a few Bulls in that area over the years. Apparently there is a lot of snow in that area right now, but hopefully it will melt for you.

toyordie
10-31-2009, 09:47 AM
thanks alot everyone I will be out first light tomorrow, much appreciated advice

islandhunter
10-31-2009, 05:49 PM
You shouldn't have a problem getting that bull. Find some tracks and put your gumboots on