PDA

View Full Version : MU 3-13 questions

huntinnewbie
10-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Hubby and I are going up to look at some property near this MU. We were thinking of having one more kick at the can and trying for any buck before they close on Sat. night. Was thinking of heading up the Kane Valley area but my son seems to think that most areas up there are no shooting due to the concentration of foresty campsites in the area.
Anyone shed some light on this for me and are we wasting our time looking in that area. any ideas for something close to the Coldwater exit in that MU.
Thanks

Steeleco
10-30-2009, 08:19 AM
There's not too much of the Kane that's still in 3-13. Shea lake is but the 3 lakes in the valley are in 8-05. There's been a ton of logging on that side of the Coq and for the most part the animals have moved deeper into the bush.

If I were you I'd try my luck west of the Coq. Murray, Maka and Spies creek are all in 3-13 and have produced some nice creatures.

3kills
10-30-2009, 08:29 AM
that is spius creek LOL...on the other side of spius there is some nice bucks been bein seen..

huntinnewbie
10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
How are the roads up to that area. We will have a F350 4x4 with a camper and pulling a quad trailer. Any spots to camp by the road and can we expect any snow at the lower elevations.
Thanks

3kills
10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
there is snow all around merritt right now i m sure u will be in snow..

slowkey
10-30-2009, 12:42 PM
yep lots of snow. Just up behind Boston Bar (Coq on the other side of the mountain) yesterday and there is about 8 inches of snow