PDA

View Full Version : spike hunt

frenchbar
10-30-2009, 06:11 AM
after a long night at work ..im off to knock over the first thing i see with antlers:mrgreen:or have a sleep under the first tree i come across .which ever comes first:-D The bucks are starting to get active around here ..being seeing a few every night .. back in an hour:wink:

Piperdown
10-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Your hour is up, how'd it go?

frenchbar
10-30-2009, 08:58 AM
passed on a booner fork horn ..didnt have the heart to pull the pin on him..f--- im a pathectic excuse for a hunter ..time for my nap ..

rishu_pepper
10-30-2009, 09:18 AM
You're pathetic, pass me the road directions/GPS coordinates and I'll pull the trigger for you. :biggrin:

Rob
10-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Im pretty much useless after a 12 hr night shift. Im lucky to make it home(40min drive):icon_frow

Gateholio
10-30-2009, 10:42 AM
I've been in the same boat lots of times:tongue:

Last year, when hunting with Bartell near Quesnel, I said "I am not going ot be back in Region 5 this year. I will shoot ANY buck I see"

We saw a fork horn and the two of us stood there arguing "YOU shoot it...No way...YOU shoot it!"

Eventually the buck got bored and left.:tongue:

rishu_pepper
10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
We saw a fork horn and the two of us stood there arguing "YOU shoot it...No way...YOU shoot it!"

A bit of father-son bickering, I see. :roll::biggrin:

Stone Sheep Steve
10-30-2009, 12:37 PM
I've been in the same boat lots of times:tongue:

Last year, when hunting with Bartell near Quesnel, I said "I am not going ot be back in Region 5 this year. I will shoot ANY buck I see"

Eventually the buck got bored and left.:tongue:

Should have bet TB a hundred bucks that he couldn't hit it:wink:.

BOOM!!:mrgreen:

SSS

LeverActionJunkie
10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
I have passed up 6 or 7 legal bucks this Oct. that I would normally kill. I don't know what is wrong with me. My old lady has been complaining that she hasn't eaten anything but grouse and deer for the last four years, might have something to do with it who knows. I's not like I am holding out for a big buck or anything. All I have every cared about is meat for the freezer.

Big Bucks
10-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Come on Glen it has to be bigger then last years...

frenchbar
10-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Come on Glen it has to be bigger then last years...Im trying Colin. having a tough time finding big louie:o

frenchbar
10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Im pretty much useless after a 12 hr night shift. Im lucky to make it home(40min drive):icon_frow,ya no kiddin .after been up for 22 hrs and drivng all night .im pretty much hooped.looking through binos is a tall order as well.:lol:

Stone Sheep Steve
10-30-2009, 03:29 PM
,ya no kiddin .after been up for 22 hrs and drivng all night .im pretty much hooped.looking through binos is a tall order as well.:lol:

Sure easy passing up on the little ones easier when your weary-eyed.
Too much work...so little reward.......

SSS

mark
10-30-2009, 03:33 PM
after a long night at work ..im off to knock over the first thing i see with antlers:mrgreen:or have a sleep under the first tree i come across .which ever comes first:-D The bucks are starting to get active around here ..being seeing a few every night .. back in an hour:wink:

What you dropping the standards this year????
Isnt it snowing in your hills?
Ive been passing on some dandy bucks already, Ive got a feeling some huge bucks will be upon us very soon! :D

frenchbar
10-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Ive been passing on some dandy bucks already, Ive got a feeling some huge bucks will be upon us very soon! :Dfreezers getting emty;) getting some snow higher up ,warm and windy along the river ..bucks are starting to get active ..been seeing some basket bucks at night ..but nothing overly big ,another 8 days or so and will go out looking for the big guys.

BlacktailStalker
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Ive been passing on some dandy bucks already, Ive got a feeling some huge bucks will be upon us very soon! :D

Looking for dandy mulies :biggrin:

mark
10-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Looking for dandy mulies :biggrin:

Even our little bucks would look like booners to you island guys! :tongue: